Re: 2005 Mustang GT Anti-Theft Optional Package

barrboy1

Mar 4, 2004
READ: An optional active anti-theft package offers customers a new level of security for their Mustang. The feature is aimed directly at combating wildly high performance-car insurance premiums. The package includes:

- An inclination sensing module to guard against tow-away thefts
- Interior motion sensor to detect "smash-and-grab" break-ins
- Separate alarm sounder – instead of vehicle horn – to thwart thieves trying to disable the horn
- High-capacity, 60-ampere-hour battery capable of sounding the alarm longer
Does anyone know if they want to- can they get a pager installed with this anti- theft package for the new Mustang? I had a 1995 Mustang GT before, and it had: Remote/Alarm/Starter, and even a pager!! When I remotely started my car when it was cold, my pager came on, and it was "green"- to tell me my car was started!! My pager also goes "red" color, when someone had drove into the back of my Mustang, and I caught them! I had a Viper Alarm. Hope I can get a good alarm system with a pager for the New Mustang !

• Sponsors (?)

If I were buying a new car, especially one that will attract as much attention as the new Mustang, I'd definately get a pager alarm right away. It'd be really nice to see such a thing offered from the factory, but I don't expect this will happen any time soon, except on really high-end luxury models perhaps.

barrboy1 said:
- Separate alarm sounder – instead of vehicle horn – to thwart thieves trying to disable the horn
- High-capacity, 60-ampere-hour battery capable of sounding the alarm longer

With all the anti-noise laws, where the owner of a car who's alarms sounds off gets a ticket and a fine, I am surprised that Ford didn't opt for a paging system instead of just beefing up the noise.

I was thinking that I am going to get the best alarm I can afford for this car when I get it. One that disables the starting mechanism. I wish Ford had something like On Star, it's run via satelite and they can locate your car if stolen in seconds. (provided the thief has not located and removed the box.)

re your message

I am one of the lucky one's to own an 05 Mustang Convertible with the Premium Gold Ford Security / Anti Theft device. In spite of having the keyless remote entry my insurance will only give me an additional 10% discount if I also install LoJack. I personally didn't see the point since the features of the options I chose for alarm/anti theft made it seem like a waste. There are no lights to tell you that the car has started etc other than the blinking lights & sound. Great investment. Love my car. :flag:

NSMustangguy05 said:
I am one of the lucky one's to own an 05 Mustang Convertible with the Premium Gold Ford Security / Anti Theft device. In spite of having the keyless remote entry my insurance will only give me an additional 10% discount if I also install LoJack. I personally didn't see the point since the features of the options I chose for alarm/anti theft made it seem like a waste. There are no lights to tell you that the car has started etc other than the blinking lights & sound. Great investment. Love my car. :flag:

I get my full ins discount with the installed active alarm system,, . They offered me no additional discount for Lojack :mad: But then again,, that system is only good if the local police subscribe and lease the equipment from Lojack.. Take a look sometime at the relatively few PD's and areas that have Lojack,, then call those PD's and see if they REALLY do have the system.. There three I called,, said they no longer have a lease.. So NO Lojack,, even though they were still shown as users. :mad:

Wylde said:
I wish Ford had something like On Star, it's run via satellite and they can locate your car if stolen in seconds. (provided the thief has not located and removed the box.)

OnStar isn't run through satellites. It runs through a cell phone using the Verizon network. It can roughly locate the car using same technology used to locate a cell phone during a 911 call. Or, soon, to locate your teenagers. :D