Really need your help & advice.

BigRye

Nov 10, 2005
It has come time for the wheel and tire set up of my 2002 (Black) Mustang GT. The problem I am having is setting it up right, with the right RIM's and tires. I have the money to spend from hard work and savings, and I am a little nervous of doing everything wrong.

What I am looking for is pretty much it this….. http://www.mustangtuning.com/2002-yellow-mustang-gt.html I like the look of this mustang and with mine being black I think it would great with chrome bullitts.

I am trying to buy from a local vendor. And when I say I want deep dish 18 x 10's for the back they have no idea what Deep dish is. I Have a set this vendor ordered and he is pretty sure it is the right offset but wants me to come in and look at them to make sure. I am also getting the car lowered with Eibach pro springs considering I need to.

Now for the questions.

Will 18 x 10 rims mess with the performance of my car that bad, I have just heard it is not wise and to stick with 17's?

Do all 18 x 10 rims have the same offset? So they will be Deep dish at that size?

And if I don't lower the car will it not look right I am trying to make it look scary.

On the back I want the biggest tires that look right. The vendor said that biggest I can get under it are 285's but I have seen some pic's with 315s. What do you think looks best for a wide tire on my year mustang and what works?

The reason I am buying from this vendor, is that I know the owner and im getting a good deal.

This Mustang, is my pride and joy and im sure you all understand what I am going threw.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Its actually pretty straightforward. Use wheels that are designed for the mustang, the offsets will be correct for the application. Deep dish bullits, are mustang specific so you should be safe there. You can go with 315's as the widest rears, but a lot of people go with 295's just to avoid the possibilities of rubbing on the exhaust pipes.
I like the 18's over 17's because they are cooler :)and there is no clearance issue as long as your offset is correct (see above)
Definitely lower the car, otherwise you won't be happy with the look you get.
Good luck and welcome to the club