Rear Adjustable Upper Control Arms

pearlnotchback

5 Year Member
Dec 18, 2011
Tennessee
I have played with foxbodys for a lot of years now but other than replacing struts, brakes and so on I never messed with the suspension. The PO of the notchback I have now added some of those fancy shiny nickle plated looking lower control arms in the rear and some adjustable upper control arms.
Whenever I have the car up in the air working on it or tinkering or whatever I always catch myself back there looking at the stuff thinking to myself man aint that purdy. What I dont know is what is the point of having those adjustable upper control arms? Are they to adjust pinion angle? Can you adjust the ride height like raise or lower the car? I guess im just not understanding it. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

They won't adjust ride height. They will adjust pinion angle. I also used them to move my rear axle forward by re-drilling the LCA pick up points, and adjusting the uppers (shorter). This moved the rear tires forward, shifting more weight to the rear tires.

Oh ok. I was hoping I could use them to lower the rear a little. I still have the 4 cylinder springs in the front and the front sits real low. Im still kinda on the fence about either lowering the rear or putting v8 springs back in the front. Is there any benefit from running 4 cylinder springs?

Depending on the control arms on there, you may be able to adjust ride height.
Take a pic of them and post it here.

4cyl springs are for drag racing, IMO they are just plain ole dangerous on the street, i used them for a summer.
If you are going to go through the trouble of replacing them, put a set on meant for handling if you don't frequent the track.

Ya I think im gonna go ahead and find some v8 springs for it. Im sick of dragging the bumper on the ground every time I pull in and out of a parking lot.

If you are scraping the bumper on an lx, they are probably cut. Won't help either if the rear is stock ride height angling the nose down.

Instead of just buying a front set for a v8 (which are probably old and worn), consider a set of eibach pro lowering springs, H&R's from maximummotorsports or even a set of the ford racing springs.