Rear end gears

Its_hers_dammit

May 22, 2004
Ok, read 15 pages back, but could not find the exact answer i was looking for. we have a 03 V-6 Auto, with traction lock already in there, so do i go 3.73 and get .5 off my time, or do i go 4.10 cause im an auto, and how bad will these MODs affect my gas mileage. PLUS my buddy whos going to install them said, get the ford gears??? i just said OK, what is the difference between them and the generic. and where ever you seen the best price on them, give a shout out!

Also with underdrive pullies, what can i shrink! the only ones that look like i can shrink are the water pump and A/C..but i don't think you can shrink that one. the alt. pullies is small as sh1t already.

• Sponsors (?)

Its_hers_dammit said:
Ok, read 15 pages back, but could not find the exact answer i was looking for. we have a 03 V-6 Auto, with traction lock already in there, so do i go 3.73 and get .5 off my time, or do i go 4.10 cause im an auto, and how bad will these MODs affect my gas mileage. PLUS my buddy whos going to install them said, get the ford gears??? i just said OK, what is the difference between them and the generic. and where ever you seen the best price on them, give a shout out!

Also with underdrive pullies, what can i shrink! the only ones that look like i can shrink are the water pump and A/C..but i don't think you can shrink that one. the alt. pullies is small as sh1t already.

did you put in the Tlok?? cause if you didn't, you don't have it. no V6 does. You have the traction control I think on the newer 99+ stangs, but not a tlok. Anyways, most say the 4.10's for autos. I have a 5 speed and love the 3.73's. 4.10's will really wake the car up, but gas mileage will only go down if your hammering it all the time, otherwise you won't notice a difference, maybe 1 to 2 mpg at most. In fact mine has improved when I drive the car normally. I have heard ford gears are the way to go, I actually am not sure what I have in my rear?? for gears and tlok check out www.gefracing.com they are fairly cheap here.

there is only a UD pulley for the crank, its like a 25%, the alt and WP are overdrive pulleys, but you only really need the crank. I have the ASP Pulley and it works great. Hope that helps.

I'm not completely sure who all makes a 7.5 gear, but i know that for the 8.8 most of the people I've ever heard from rarely ever have any problems out of their FMS gears. Other companies like Richmond have seemed to be a little more of a trouble spot for some people. I too would just stick to the ford gears and be done with it.