Rear Seat Delete and shifter boot Wanted

Not to hijack here, but I hope you never have to use those harnesses with the way you currently have them mounted. Without a crossbar to mount them to, they will compress your spine and could cause a severe spinal cord injury that could result in paralysis.

i was going to say that right after i saw the picture, but good thing i scrolled down and saw your post :nice: popped collar :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

lol well im not gona put in a harness or race seats anytime soon. and as for the shifter boot, i thijnk im just gonna stick with no boot. ill clean up around it a bit and leave it like that. i kinda like bthe mechanical look. ill post a pic on here when i get home from work which is like at 6

the rear seats weighs next to nothing...its foam and hollow plasic inside, with barely any metal...the seat bottom itself is way less than 10 lbs.
....any *thick* plywood seat delete for "lightening it up" is worthless. The plastic one makes tons of sense, though probably still not worth doing, especially for 200 bucks! I just know some people run out and get 1/2" plywood sometimes :rlaugh:

and as for the shifter boot, i thijnk im just gonna stick with no boot. ill clean up around it a bit and leave it like that. i kinda like the mechanical look.

I had no boot to begin with so I think I'll keep rolling with the Knight Rider look, I want to make a plate or something to cover up the lower shift boot and my wiring. It's kind of a shame to cover the nice looks of a Tri-ax of MGW shifer.

The rear seat, the sound deadener, metal brackets and seat belts weighs 50lbs total in a fox hatch. There is others reasons for losing the back seats besides weight saving.

Yeah i know what you mean. such a good looking shifter having to be covered by a boot. i just wanna cover up that mini bottom boot. and here are the pics (sorry for the delay tho) and sorry for the mess in the car. im fixing everything up. and installing a new radio.

SNC11638.jpg

SNC11640.jpg

Hell, why cover up THAT? Looks good enough to me! :nice:

Seriously, I'd just take that lower boot off, sand, prime, and paint the metal trim ring of the boot, and bolt it back in there as-is ... and maybe spray some black interior paint in there to match it up a bit with the black trim bezel.

Pistol-grip shifters = :rock: