Rebuild old T5 w/ g-force internals?

93cobra12

Nov 21, 2003
Seatte, WA
hey everyone, my stock tranny is hating life right now after i greated it with a 331 and a s trim w/ it having over 100k on it.. Isnt too happy, no its not..

does anyone know abou the g-force internals ? about how much does it cost? thanks !

• Sponsors (?)

i've heard they can hold up to 600 rwhp...three prices $999 for the gearset, $1199 if u ship yours and they do it, or $1999 for a new unit...i would opt for the higher ratio OD (.59:1) so you could make 4.10's streetable :D :D

or u could wait till they do a T56 upgrade :drool:

i have 373 an i dont want to go any higher.. i was even thinkn about dropping it to 355.. this wouldnt affect anything right?

2k for a brand new tranny all together ? U mean they dont rebuild my old one with the g-force gears?

right...$2k and you get an all new unit, but i think you have to use your old bellhousing. I would stay with the 3.73 and get the .59:1 OD gear...that will leave your launch the same and you would be turning about 500 rpm less at any given speed in 5th

they will rebuild yours for about $1200

Uh, actually, I just looked on their site and they want $1600 to rebuild an old core, or $1900 if you get the upgraded shaft. Then you gotta figure in shipping both ways. To get the works done on a used T-5 would cost over $2000.

The break down goes like this:
Gear set-$1000
Overdrive gear set-$350
Shaft upgrade-$250? Cant remember but around there
Labor-$250, and it says it doesnt include any small stuff they may need so it could be more.
So if you want to run your stock shaft and overdrive gear(which will never go out), then you could get it done for about $1350 with shipping, but thats the price of a Tremec TKO.

I have the Gforce T-5.
The od gear will be taller to start with. The input ratio is differetn than on my old T-5, and my rpms dropped about 2-300 rpms in OD after the Gforce swap.
You can get the Gforce internals and a small parts kit from them. That's all I needed.
And I love this tranny. Whine is a bit loud, but I'm now addicted to it. And man does this thing love powershifts, it seems to shift better when thrashed.
You will need a 26 spline clutch disc for the Gforce. That is the only downside.
I got a SPEC stage2/3 hybrid, that is made to be used with the Gforce. Very nice clutch. I'm using a stage 3 pressure plate. And the disc have stage 3 pucks on the bellhousing side, and a kevlar stage 2 surface on the flywheel side.
Questions?

Oh yes, but you would want a new shifter with a tranny like that anyways. Besides, I think a new tremec comes with a shifter right. It may not be aftermarket but it comes with internal stops stock. I think youd be alright with a stock tremec shifter. And you can find bellhousings for like 50 bucks online like Ebay. Either way you also have to change your clutch since they are both 26 spline input. I guess the cheapest way to go is Tremec 3550 with stock shifter. Thats a $1200 tranny and a $50-100 bellhousing and your done.

i called G force a few months ago and talked to them. i live in PA and its about a 2 hour drive. now, they said, i could drop it off at 8am, it would be done for 4-5pm (i could hit hershey park for the day) and it would be 1200 total.
thats what they told me. that was droping off my old set up and them rebuilding mine with all the good stuff. .58 5th and 2.95 1st gears.

Pifff. I just bought the 3550 and bell and called it a day. I had to buy a bell/flywheel/clutch anyways so i would have spent something like 3k at least for the Gforce, which is what i wanted, but i figured since i'm running a stock motor, i'd be plenty safe with the 3550. It's no slouch ya know.

banditmwp said:
i've heard they can hold up to 600 rwhp...three prices $999 for the gearset, $1199 if u ship yours and they do it, or $1999 for a new unit...i would opt for the higher ratio OD (.59:1) so you could make 4.10's streetable :D :D

or u could wait till they do a T56 upgrade :drool:
It's alot more than just 1200$$, closer to 1600$$$ when you replace the shafts and all bearings, which you need to do in a high horse situation as he's got,, I still wish I got a g force instead of the tko I got, man that bastard is heavier....