Recommendations for next mod?

InMyPrimeSVT

Founding Member
Jul 31, 2001
Cincinnati
Hey all, I was wondering what modification you all would recommend next on my Mustang. I do need to get new wheels and tires since my tires are cracked from storage. You can see my mods below. I would like to add other speed mods prior to adding a blower if possible. Thanks for all your advice.

• Sponsors (?)

$0 for the install, do it yourself its really easy, only special tools you need is a fuel line disconect coupler which can be bought at napa for cheap, the rest of it just just a few different socket types to take off the upper/lower intake and the heads. You would also need a torque wrench to torque down the heads and lower intake. Id throw on a set of 170cc Trickflow heads for that 306, but with any time you change heads your going to check to make sure you have the proper length push rods and be sure to check piston to valve clearance and to properly adjust the roller rockers.

It seems like a lot and a bit daunting but its not really, I just did everything I described above this past summer for the first time and it was not that difficult. But if you decide to have it done I'm not sure what it would cost, depends on the hourly rates but Id guess anywhere between $600-$1000 and what they charge for the time it took to do it.

There are so many that will do well with that set up, Cobra Intake, Holly, Trickflow, Edelbrock those are all good choices. Id do a little reading up on each and see which ones you like the best and looks wise. Those can usually be found used for cheaper then buying new, people are always swapping intakes. The classifies here or over on corral.net are good places to look. As far as doing the install yourself even if you had no tools at all and had to buy everything you would still save a ton of money. Youtube videos and forums are great sources of info on how to do things.

Its all just bolts, they unscrew and screw back in, it really is just that simple

Oh yeah forgot that you had a cobra, yeah that intake on there is fine Id leave it. Even if you boost it Id still leave it on there. Throw on a nice set of heads on that thing it and will really wake it up

They make a good trick flow top end kit that comes with the heads,cam, and intake. If you wanted to do that you could sell the cobra intake. I didnt do a cam install on mine but I would give it a go now w/ everything else Ive already done w/ it. You could always buy just the trickflow heads as well if you want to keep your polished intake and the stock cam is not to bad if you wanted to keep it in for awhile.

These are the Trickflow 17occ heads, should be a nice fit with your 306

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TFS-51400002/