Recommended gears?

For the time, stock longblock 302, GT40 intake, shorty headers, x pipe, catback, a vortech S trim 10 lbs and drag radials. This is mostly going to be a street toy with the occasional trip to the track. Originally I was going to put 3:73's but I'm now thinking about 3:55's to help keep from blowing the tires off on the street. Any opinions? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I Have 3:73's, I like them Alot.. My Buddy still has the Stock Gear and I Can Really tell the Differance...
I Just WOuld not Go Higher then 4:10's... <-- But i still would not even do that.. 3:73 Will Work out Good for you~!

If it were my car it would be at least a 3.73:1 gear. The centrifugal superchargers like more gear because they build boost based on rpm not engine load. So the faster you get the engine to spin, the faster you get into boost. With a positive displacement blower, you get full boost as soon as you go WOT. With your blower you will not see any boost untill 3,000 rpm, maybe a bit sooner, and max boost at max rpm. So for best results at the track I would go 4.10:1 but for just street use 3.73:1.:D

if anything i would go 3:27's, i have a low ratio tranny from an 86GT. I had 3:45's in there and i was shifting way too fast, i would hit 4th gear halfway down the block..with the new axle i have 3:08's and next will be 3:27's for a good compromise.. assuming you have a standard ratio T5 i would do 3:55's for the street/light track..thats JMO

~Mark~

3.73s if u dont care about track #'s... If you do... 4.10's or 4.30's!

Exactly. If you don't care about squeezing every last bit of ET out of it, 3.73s are for you, but i would opt for 4.10s because even then it's not a huge loss on the street. If you're going to blow the tires off with 4.10s, you'll do it just about as easily with 3.73s too.