Red Light to the left of steering wheel

• Sponsors (?)

Reading your vehicles manual would be far easier and time effective then sitting at your computer, pondering if anything we say is factual.
And at the same time, it wouldn't be wasting our time having to reply to the simple question :O

On a side note, no i don't know what it means, and Yes that function Will be Clearly outlined in your vehicles manual.

lol! I fully admit.. i took the stang on the track -- Once!!!

It was a Blast! i can't drift my sti around corners like the stang.. Not without Seriouslys.. Seriously throwing it around a corner, or having a wet track.. the stang is just effortlessly FUN!

but, i like to feel the g's in a turn :)

lol! I fully admit.. i took the stang on the track -- Once!!!

It was a Blast! i can't drift my sti around corners like the stang.. Not without Seriouslys.. Seriously throwing it around a corner, or having a wet track.. the stang is just effortlessly FUN!

but, i like to feel the g's in a turn :)

You can make the GT an excellent track car, just takes a bit of money. Look at the Roush Mustang on top gear, 1.4 seconds faster than the STI WRX WR1. Of course the Roush has a bit of power, but it's really only like 360 to the wheels IIRC. And, of course, Top Gear isn't a great way to compare cars, but one and a half seconds is a huge difference.
Dan

if the roush cut his hp down from 360-about 280-300 at the wheels. then it would probably be alot closer battle.

I think you may be forgetting that an AWD system takes up substantial more %of HP to turn the gears. thus.. widing the gap with that extra 60-70hp. (not sure on the roush weight, but i "think" the 04' sti's were about 3250, or 3300lbs. from a stock gt, thats still 100lbs lighter)

i agree.. i just don't want to spend 5grand+ to put the full suspension and sitffeners in >.< oh snap.. then another 3grand on lightweight rims and stickys.. ffs, this hobby is expensive eh? lol

Yeah it is. Ford now sells the mustangs in body-in-white if you want to go with an all out racecar, but if you don't know what you're doing it's a lot to bite off. The STI is an excellent track car, but I love RWD cars withe V8 loud peddle:D
Dan

Hey,

My red light next to the steering wheel in my 05' has been blinking red for a month now, and it didn't before.

What does that mean?

I don't really think a mustang has a red light next to the steering wheel. they may have been right about the aftermarket alarm. Find out what type of alarm it is and maybe I cab help. Or just go to your nearest Circuitcity or Best Buy. It maybe in Valet mode if it is a solid red light.