Redistributed some weight in the car

Nobody

Founding Member
May 9, 2000
Kenmore, WA
What a great coincidence.

My MACH 460 went belly up so I replaced it with a big stereo with the subs and whatnot. During the stereo install, I picked up a pair of Corbeau seats.

All said and done, with the removal of the Mach 460, I netted +6lbs but I moved more of my gross weight over the rear wheels (lighter seats up front, heavier speakers in the rear) Now when I go to the track I know that I can remove 46lbs just by removing the speaker box from the trunk.

Pretty cool eh?

• Sponsors (?)

CManT1914 said:
Nice. I would take out my sub when I go to the track, but I have to take my trunk latch off to get the box out, it's too big otherwise. Darn 'vert! lol

Awe bummer man. Hey do you have a pic of your setup? I'm trying to clean up my install and I'd like to see what you did, if you don't mind.

Do like I did, remove the rear seats, put your subs in the delete kit. Also, to aid me in weight savings if I ever DO make it to a track, I have the subs installed for easy removal when I have to shed the pounds

I will say that I did notice better rear traction with that weight back there. I am going to try going to the track with the subs in back and see what it does for my 60' times - hey those vert guys cut some great times, maybe I can mimic that behavior :D

I saw pics of xRated's setup - it is nice! If I did the rear seat delete, that would be exactly what I would do. :nice:

mytight95 said:
i will speak for Xrated's setup, it is clean and nice, WISH I HAD ONE LIKE IT....... lol

jason

AHHHH! I'm sorry dude! I'm headed up to the shop today, Me and Mike (the wood guru) will trace out a stencil for you right away....sorry for the wait :( :hail2:

awww man, that would be great...... I have even bought my other twelves and stuff, and now that the car is up and running, i only have a few more things to get situated i have already bought then i am wanting to ge the car stereo thing done before summer.... ordered a really big mono amp, that and my Eclipse DVC 2 ohm twelves.... I oughta be set......

sorry for the O-T

jason