Rented a V6 auto...

66stangowner

Apr 21, 2004
It is the worst car i have ever driven. The trany keeps on slipping on me and its making me look like an inexperianced stick driver cuz the car will roll back and wont fall into gear till about 3k rpm. Now i wanted to check the fluid but found no dipstick. :bang: It only has 11k miles on it, this car shouldnt be doing that, now i know its a rental and people treat them like crap, but the trany shouldnt do that. I am very disaponted in the car and probably wont buy one.

oh yeah, it's also leaking oil. :rlaugh: I just think the car is a joke, sorry.

• Sponsors (?)

I think you should take into account how hard that car has been driven. I would expect it was driven rough by peopple who don't care cause it is a rental. That and the fact the company maynot tkae care of it.

I rented a V6 and it was the reason I decide to proceed with my purchase choice.

To each his own.

a friend of mine who has a V6 auto (i have a GT auto) let me drive his and i was really suprised at how much "pep" it has...i was very impressed and actually considered buying a V6 convertable manual but figured having 2 stangs would be impractical

Strange. At least it was a rental..
I have the V-6 auto as well. I love it great get up and go. No slippage or anything as you experienced, what a bummer you had a bad experience. Go test drive one at a dealer and talk to them about your experience, see if they have any more insight about your concerns.

I have a V6. No problems like that. The car is more powerful than the 1994 GT I bought back in 1994 and kept for about five years. Great power, great ride and great gas mileage. I'm very pleased.