repaint car

• Sponsors (?)

whoa....that is a helluva lot, we got a car repainted @ maaco for 300 in the same color, but u have to be verrry careful with the one you go to. Some of them will give u the crappiest paint job ever and theres nothing u can do. But, there are a few i've either been to or heard about that have the absolute best service and you get a paintjob that outlasts expectations...i'm in the process of trying to find a place for a paintjob too...cant decide on wut to do cuz i'm changing color

You can go to those places if you want...but you are throwing your money away. If you want a high quality paint job with a good warranty on the work you are gonna pay for it, period. That price above ($3200) isn't that far off for a nice paint job. It may be a little high, but it really depends on where you live. Then you also have the people who do the work on the side like me. I could do you a show quality job for that kind of money.

I would try to find someone that will do it on the side for you that has a good reputation. That way you get a nice paint job, but get a deal on the price as well.

im gettin a 3 year warrantee with my 330 dollar paint job, i wont even use up half of that, cuz my paint is temperary, i only got it b/c the paint i have now is purple.

and i called ford a while back for a paintjob estimate and they quoted around 2500

hey i'm looking to get mine repainted too. a buddy of mine is having some work done (on his civic *cough*) at a place here in vegas... i'm looking for a new paintjob, dark blue w/ 2 white racing stripes... i'll post when i have an estimate this weekend. this is one of those mexican body shops that does those crazy showroom competition paintjobs... personally i think some of the designs are ugly but it's still great paintwork.

oh almost forgot... those maaco places are hackjobs. i agree with DJsZincGT: you really do get what you pay for.

91_4ourBanger said:
well i got one helluva paintjob for 330$

You aren't reading the fine print my friend. The 3 year warranty that you are referring to is for the paint itself not the work that Maaco did (something they conveniently forget to tell you). They use a paint equivalent to something like Dimension (brand name) and when you go to the local paint supplier they will tell you it's covered by a 3 year warranty against fading and things of that nature. Come on man, all these bodyshops in the country are charging between 2000 and 4000 dollars (depending on location) just to prep and paint a vehicle, and Maaco does it for $330? That tells me right there that the warranty isn't worth #!@$&. I've had friends go there and get their cars painted and when they start having problems and Maaco won't fix it for them, they come to me and I have to fix the mess that Maaco left behind. If you got a good one from them, more power to you, but I can't back their service.

Soooo.....330 bucks hey....well...umm....cant say you would get a very good paint job done at all....i dont even thinkthey prep the body, I think they just scuff it with a S.O.S pad. I am currently working out the details with a custom paint place up here in Canada...Kustom King, they are going to paint the whole thing pearl white with a ting of blue in the clear with ghost flammes for 3 to 4k canadian...so that would work out to about 500 U.S dollars :D, and they actually have a warranty to back that. as far as im concerned you might as well spend the cash once...get it done right i think anyone looking for a good quality paint job will be looking between 3 and 5, depending how much work has to be done

Rweiers said:
Soooo.....330 bucks hey....well...umm....cant say you would get a very good paint job done at all....i dont even thinkthey prep the body, I think they just scuff it with a S.O.S pad. I am currently working out the details with a custom paint place up here in Canada...Kustom King, they are going to paint the whole thing pearl white with a ting of blue in the clear with ghost flammes for 3 to 4k canadian...so that would work out to about 500 U.S dollars :D, and they actually have a warranty to back that. as far as im concerned you might as well spend the cash once...get it done right i think anyone looking for a good quality paint job will be looking between 3 and 5, depending how much work has to be done

I painted my ranger that way back in 99. White base, with a blue pearl coat in an intercoat clear and then a regular clearcoat. Actually I'm repainting it the same way right now...prepping it to sell.

DJsZincGT said:
You aren't reading the fine print my friend. The 3 year warranty that you are referring to is for the paint itself not the work that Maaco did (something they conveniently forget to tell you). They use a paint equivalent to something like Dimension (brand name) and when you go to the local paint supplier they will tell you it's covered by a 3 year warranty against fading and things of that nature. Come on man, all these bodyshops in the country are charging between 2000 and 4000 dollars (depending on location) just to prep and paint a vehicle, and Maaco does it for $330? That tells me right there that the warranty isn't worth #!@$&. I've had friends go there and get their cars painted and when they start having problems and Maaco won't fix it for them, they come to me and I have to fix the mess that Maaco left behind. If you got a good one from them, more power to you, but I can't back their service.

which explains why i am going back on may 24 to have them fix a small paint run, and a scratch the length of the passenger side that somehow got put on my car, oh, and its all covered under warrantee. and just so you guys know, they did do all the prep work needed which wasnt much, i admit there are a few things wrong with the job, but for 330 dollars i am very pleased, i dont have 4 grand to spend on a paintjob, im in highschool and i want something that will get me through the day. :damnit:

91_4ourBanger said:
which explains why i am going back on may 24 to have them fix a small paint run, and a scratch the length of the passenger side that somehow got put on my car, oh, and its all covered under warrantee. and just so you guys know, they did do all the prep work needed which wasnt much, i admit there are a few things wrong with the job, but for 330 dollars i am very pleased, i dont have 4 grand to spend on a paintjob, im in highschool and i want something that will get me through the day. :damnit:

Of course they are gonna fix a run...they should've fixed it to begin with. What I'm talking about for example is...say your paint starts bubbling a year from now, you will have a hard time getting them to fix it. Trust me, I've heard it several times from people who got tired of dealing with their crap. I've been painting cars for a lot longer than you've been driving and I know what it takes to paint a car. To bring things a little more into perspective for you, I just finished repainting my GT and my paint alone cost more than $330.

I understand that you are in highschool and I can understand not having the money to pay for a high quality paint job, which is the exact reason why I said if you got a good paint job from them, then more power to you. I also understand that you are still at the age where you think you know everything about everything and noone can tell you differently. Anyway I will agree to disagree with you and let my work do the talking for me.