repairables

98_stang_guy

Apr 17, 2003
Wisconsin
when my older brother got his license back in '99 we found a smashed '97 cavalier (i know, not a cool car) and fixed it up and he drives that, we saved quite a deal of money by doing this. i found a '00 mustang V6 5-speed that is a repairable thats not far from where i live, they are asking $4195. my dad is very handy with stuff like this, if you have done this with your cars or have any input, that'd be great. oh yeah, and here is the car...

http://www.buyrebuilders.com/view.p...rs.com&category=automobile&listing_number=437

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, it will have the resale value of my non-existant used gum collection
but of course, there will always be people willing to buy it, think, if you would buy it, shances are there are alot of other people just like you our there right?

i dunno, im just having a heck of a time finding a stang that i want for a reasonable price. ive heard that the '99 stangs arent that great, ford didnt work out all the problems with them til '00, and i want a 5-speed in either black or red, and i only have like $6500 to spend

and thats why its easier to get a 94-98, but iff 99+ is what u like... to each his own!
with the new 05' year it makes you wonder what kind of new members we might be getting to the site? what kinda people buy a 05' V6... hrmmm

at first i wanted to ditch the 6 for a 94-95 GT (215hp), but my parents say insurance will be a killer with that, so i figured i'd be best off with a 99+ V6 that has 190hp, wont take just too much to gain 25hp to get up to the same power of the GT. but the 94-98's have 150hp, and it wouldnt be easy to gain 65hp

if u believe that figure?
fords original figure for the 94-95 was around 180 as well,
but thats 1) at the fly and 2) sometimes overrated, the 99-04' are prolly closer to 160 at the wheels correct?
i also doubt that the 98 GT has 215 hp, lol, considering a stock 01= has roughly 280... these are the same engines after all... , just slight increases in HP almost every other year,
dont underestimate our silly V6s, there pretty powerful after all... 3.8 is pretty dang high for a 6, the 05 stang has 4.0, sick no!? ill lstop rambling

i can see it now...people throwing out their hydraullics and bending tie rods and smashing their susension to hell to get the new cool look

and ghostalker...i dont see where you are coming up with our '94-'98 V6's having any power, look at the eagle talon, like 210hp out of a 2.0L 4-cylinder, and we get 150 out of our 3.8 V6, i cant really see our cars as having much power... :shrug: (im not saying i dont like the cars by all means, just that we are not over-powered at all)