Replacement Seats

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Was considering replacing 2 front seats....they are beige and the rears look fine.

Anyone know anything about the $189 seats that are always in the SUMMIT ads in 5.0 Mag?

Couldnt find them at Summit, and would like something "stylish" (dont have to be top of the line) for Under $500 for both fronts.

Want something that is a direct fit that will use the same electronics.

Thanks
RC

• Sponsors (?)

When it comes time to replace my front seats I am going the route another member went....audi TT seats, they are recaro, look DEAD SETZY, match the pattern on the seats fairly well, and heated. I dont think they will be as cheap as the summit ones (those seats are a 2nd place though) but prob. not that much more from Ebay or local higher end yard.

From what I have seen preaty much all of the seats need some kind of workin' to get to fit right, so dont put too much weight on that part.

I got the Summit seats a few months ago and I love them. The sliders they come with are junk though, throw them away. Just drill new holes on the stock sliders and bolt them up. I was able to use my electric sliders for the drivers side but it sits considerably higher than the stock seat. I was going to fix it, but I got used to it and am not bothered by it anymore. Definately a great deal. And the middle part of the ass cushion and back cushion come out so you can replace them if they ever rip. The only thing they DONT have is upper back support. The top of te back pad has very little padding. I have mine reclined some though, so my back doesnt really touch the top. And if it was really a problem Im sure you could add more padding to the removable part.

Heres the seats. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1159&N=700+115&autoview=sku

But those Audi TT seats look amazing too. I would prefer those, but they = $$$

I sat in the Summit seats at their new place in Georgia. Not bad at all. Very much like my Corbeau seats, but their covering is like leather. Looked very nice.

Unless you put out some serious $$$, I'm not sure you're going to find any aftermarket seats that use the electrical hookups.

I ditched my stock seat tracks for Corbeau's custom tracks and they fit perfect. I bet I lost 30 pounds going from stock seats/tracks to the Corbeau seats/tracks/rails. Power nothing on my end, particularly since I'm 6'5 and the only proper seat position is all the way back. :)

Not sure if you're tall or not, but if so, you might want to make sure the seat is tall enough to brace your head properly. For me, I really need to get a seat with an adjustable headrest for the extra 3-4 inches in height.

I sat in the Summit seats at their new place in Georgia. Not bad at all. Very much like my Corbeau seats, but their covering is like leather. Looked very nice.

Unless you put out some serious $$$, I'm not sure you're going to find any aftermarket seats that use the electrical hookups.

I ditched my stock seat tracks for Corbeau's custom tracks and they fit perfect. I bet I lost 30 pounds going from stock seats/tracks to the Corbeau seats/tracks/rails. Power nothing on my end, particularly since I'm 6'5 and the only proper seat position is all the way back. :)

Not sure if you're tall or not, but if so, you might want to make sure the seat is tall enough to brace your head properly. For me, I really need to get a seat with an adjustable headrest for the extra 3-4 inches in height.

You can use the stock sliders, you just have to do a little drilling. Nothing major.

And as far as the head support, the backs on the summit seats almost hit the visors when you put them up, so they are pretty tall.

The black actually looks pretty good in the tan and black interior. I have my dash and **** painted black, but the carpet is still tan and it looks good. And ive seen someone with the tan and black interior with black summit seats on here. Looked very good.

I was just about to post the same thing, TheGreenGT. I really like the black and tan contrast. Plus our dashes are black and tan anyways (for the tan interior).. compliments it well

Here are some pics from hunsaker's website:
http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/gallery.asp

Check out the 2nd and 3rd pic down (synkros in SN95 conv w/ tan interior)... nice stuff. My plan was to get the black cloth synrkos and some cheapo black cobra floormats from ebay. I think it would make for a nice interior overall.

The black actually looks pretty good in the tan and black interior. I have my dash and **** painted black, but the carpet is still tan and it looks good. And ive seen someone with the tan and black interior with black summit seats on here. Looked very good.

I like black and tan, and Im even considering swapping out the tan carpet for black.

BUT..the main thing is that I am NOT switching the back seats, which are tan..I dont want different color seats..thats all!

RC

I like black and tan, and Im even considering swapping out the tan carpet for black.

BUT..the main thing is that I am NOT switching the back seats, which are tan..I dont want different color seats..thats all!

RC

Do a RSD in black. lol

But yea I can see what you are saying, it looks kind odd with tan back seats and black front. I have a black RSD so mine looks fine.