Replacing HCU?

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
Moorhead, Minnesota
Awhile back I found out my HCU (Hydraulic Control Module/Unit) was crapping out and might be the cause of my non-working ABS system. I found this out because I let them scan my car and crap in the Brakes Steering and Suspension class in school and they said the module wasn't communicating or something with the Ford tool... Anyways I might be able to get my hands on one from a 98 mustang, my question is, can I do this?
First off, I don't have a clue as to where the Module even is or what it looks like, let alone how i'd go about replacing it. If I could get the unit for a decent price though would it work though? Anybody have any links on info regarding this unit?

• Sponsors (?)

The problem with replacing this module is that you need a scan tool to bleed it properly and ensure there are no air bubbles. I do not think this can be done by the home mechanic. Unfortunately, you are probably going to have to take it to a shop for this.

Well then I guess i'll just be ABS-less. Not gunna go through the hassle just to have ABS, i've survived this long and don't drive it in the winter so I don't really need it. Thanks for the help guys!