rev limiter question

i have an 88 coupe with a9p computer. I took it to get tuned and had an sct tune put on. The company said they took the rev limiter out but it still hits rev limiter around 6200 rpm. called a few different places now and they say rev limiter cant be taken out unless you use a stand alone box. what should i do.

• Sponsors (?)

Whomever told you that it can't be removed without a stand alone, did not know what they were talking about. Take it back to the tuner and have them move it out of the way vs. turning it off. Just have it set to say... 8000 rpm or whatever your cam and heads poop out at.

The reason I know it can be disabled is that I was messing around with that function today on the TwEECer. There are "rev limiter on" and "rev limiter off" scalers in the EEC-IV. How those scalers are set determines the limits and whether they are active or inactive.

I was in track with my 91 gt otherday and when I was gona shift from 3rd to 4th I stupidass put 2nd in :mad: :bang: .
I had ~4500-5000rpm in 3rd.:(
Engine had over revs for seconds :mad: .
Awerything else seems to work fine but it seems that rev limiter is dead. :bang:

Where it is located. Somewhere in trans/flywheel. Has it something else porpouse than limit the rews. I dont find any info anywhere on what kind of system it is. How do you think it's broken. Could it be only something elctrical.

Do I need it anything else than keeping revs in oder. Normaly I shift max 5000rpm.:shrug:

:Damnit:

The rev limiter is within the computer. It will not stop the motor from overreving when you miss 4th and slam it into 2nd.

The rev limiter cuts fuel to fuel injectors so that you can't rev it to the moon under power. There's also an ignition rev limiter but there's some debate as to whether or not this function actually works in the Fox family of computers.

I know that it can't limit revs if driver puts too low gear in.

So there is nothing mecanical about it.

It's been working arlier during some burnouts. Could ECU reset help. Batery line open.

how bad in general high revs for seconds is for engine. It's all stock. valve float isn't good thing off course.

I hope that nothing else is goming up.

how bad in general high revs for seconds is for engine or drive train. I had mayby 6500-7000 rpm. Or mayby worscase 7500 rpm.

There is'nt any strange noiseses. Only rear end "klont" doring shift like normal.

I checked side movement of the tailshaft and there is abaut 1mm of it. I don't mean circulate movement but "left right" movement by hand . Is that normall amount?