Right rear sits out farther...look

• Sponsors (?)

bdcardinal said:
normal, ford supposedly puts some into the design of the rear axle. thats why you arent supposed to jack the car on the pumpkin.

i have a panhard bar and my tires are still uneven.

Mine has a bit also, as evidenced by the wear on my 315's.

As far as the axle, if mine is off it is not noticeable with the naked eye. Looks like someone slid around a corner and bumped a curb. You say only 4k miles when you bought it? Makes you wonder who took the hit on the value in order to get rid of a car after only 4k miles. Maybe someone who jacked it up.

Chili said:
Mine has a bit also, as evidenced by the wear on my 315's.

As far as the axle, if mine is off it is not noticeable with the naked eye. Looks like someone slid around a corner and bumped a curb. You say only 4k miles when you bought it? Makes you wonder who took the hit on the value in order to get rid of a car after only 4k miles. Maybe someone who jacked it up.
other than the offset you should have seen the car it was perfect. garage queen. It was perfect and I didnt even notice until a month ago. bought for 20K so the only one that took a hit was the owner.

still have the problem. I think mine is off by almost an inch and the adjustable panhard from MM says that if it is off by more than 1/2" that something else should be used to fix the offset....like moving the whole rear end over. Thanks for the good advice ... probably the most sensible fix.

Torque twists the car. The 4 link does not help. An adjustable pan-hard bar might help some, and sub frame connectors. My car got the lazer body straightenout LOL but only did so much correction. The other thing to look at is how the pig tails on the springs sit. That will jack the car to one side, also up and down.

Just my 2 cnts

LT.SAVAGE said:
Torque twists the car. The 4 link does not help. An adjustable pan-hard bar might help some, and sub frame connectors. My car got the lazer body straightenout LOL but only did so much correction. The other thing to look at is how the pig tails on the springs sit. That will jack the car to one side, also up and down.

Just my 2 cnts
how much was the straightening