Road Rage Incident

GTJade

Mar 30, 2005
Some pinhead in a big, black Dodge dually almost caused a nice wreck w/me this morning. Not sure what his problem was...maybe he doesn't like stangs?? I was getting on the freeway this am and there was a very slow Hyundai (sp?) in front of me. This woman was not accelerating on the ramp to merge onto the highway. And this dually is a good 50-100 feet behind me in the far right lane of the freeway and then he accelerates and moves into the middle lane. I'm coming off the ramp behind and accelerate to follow him, as he's passing the car in front of me....and then he SLAMS HIS BRAKES! WTF????? So, I react by hitting my brakes and swerving right. My rear end fishtailed all over the place. I was :mad: . This guy almost caused me to rear end him at around 60-70mph. But WTF...why would this crazed a$$hole do such a thing? Was he mad that I had the nerve to jump into the middle lane coming off the ramp? I was coming behind him since he suddenly started hauling and then he hits his BRAKES? Grrrrrrrrrrr
My girl handled it well, though. :)

• Sponsors (?)

I had a similar thing happen, but it was a BMW SUV who decided that they were going to speed up right as the on ramp ended and close up the hole between them and a slow moving camry. In effect the stupid crack head woman tried running me into the ditch instead of moving into the completely empty left lane, or maintaning her speed.

I dropped third at the last minute and just barely got infront of the camry before the very end of the ramp lane. Moved into the left lane slowed down and mirrored the camry. Let the BMW ride my rear all the way into town with a big happy hi ho finger to go with it.

My my my.... it's amazing the amount of people who ask for a tire iron in the face these days.

Here's my take on a person who acts like that guy in the Dodge truck or woman in the BMW SUV: They have to get out of their car sometime, and when they do, I'll be there. ;)

OBleedingMe said:
My my my.... it's amazing the amount of people who ask for a tire iron in the face these days.

Here's my take on a person who acts like that guy in the Dodge truck or woman in the BMW SUV: They have to get out of their car sometime, and when they do, I'll be there. ;)

LOL, does the '05 come with a nice tire iron? :D

Vandil said:
I had a similar thing happen, but it was a BMW SUV who decided that they were going to speed up right as the on ramp ended and close up the hole between them and a slow moving camry. In effect the stupid crack head woman tried running me into the ditch instead of moving into the completely empty left lane, or maintaning her speed.

I dropped third at the last minute and just barely got infront of the camry before the very end of the ramp lane. Moved into the left lane slowed down and mirrored the camry. Let the BMW ride my rear all the way into town with a big happy hi ho finger to go with it.

I actually love when people try to squeeze me when I am coming off highway on ramps. The look on the face when you punch it and just leap instantly ahead of them is just to good.

romans8:28 said:
I actually love when people try to squeeze me when I am coming off highway on ramps. The look on the face when you punch it and just leap instantly ahead of them is just to good.

Yeah, that is what he didn't want me to do. But then, I was so intimidated by this crazed F---kstick, I was afraid he'd pull something else, so I stayed back. I mean, it wasn't like he was afraid of me smacking his rear. Slamming the brakes and swerving to avoid hitting him, I felt like I came pretty close to losing complete control. :mad: I wonder when my blood pressure is gonna come down...

Not to defend the guy in the Dodge (I have a '02 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab daily driver and a NEW '05 Mustang GT) but he may have had some idiot do something stupid in front of him you did not see. You can't see around my truck and probably same for him. I have had that happen in my truck when a little ricer was cutting infront of me and a little ricer behind me thought I was trying to trash him when I slammed on the brakes. Shot me the bird for trying to avoid hitting one of his idiot brothers. Go figure.....

But in your defense, I have had several idiots do similar things to me in my GT(and I know there was not anythnig causing them to do it), cut me off, block me from passing (suddenly accelerate for not reason at all), etc. So, he may have been being an as*h**e to you. Someone may have cut him off in a car like yours and well.....and well you just happend to be there. There are more and more idiots out there everyday!

"Stupid people/drivers do not know they are stupid"

WSD42 said:
Not to defend the guy in the Dodge (I have a '02 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab daily driver and a NEW '05 Mustang GT) but he may have had some idiot do something stupid in front of him you did not see. You can't see around my truck and probably same for him. I have had that happen in my truck when a little ricer was cutting infront of me and a little ricer behind me thought I was trying to trash him when I slammed on the brakes. Shot me the bird for trying to avoid hitting one of his idiot brothers. Go figure.....

I hear what you're saying, but it was just the three of us...the Hyundai crawling off the ramp, the fool in the Dodge and me. All three lanes were clear. No other traffic. That is why I thought it okay to jump a couple lanes to get around the Hyundai. The Dodge was well behind the ramp and me and the Hyundai were in clear view coming down the ramp. Dodge was in far right, accelerated and moved into the middle...I was just following him over and he hit the brake.

Some idiot almost T-boned me yesterday evening. He ran a red light, speeding from around a blind corner. I had to slam the brakes..he came within inches of clipping my front end. If my wife hadn't been in the passenger seat, I would have made a right and followed him.

This happens so often that I have actually stopped getting mad. So long as I get out of the situation OK I figure WTF, I'm not going to let someone get my nblood pressure up. Let him or her have their testosterone/estrogen rush - I let it slide off my back.

However, if I can get a plate number I do, and I always send it off to the police. As a minimun, numbnuts is going to get a call from the local boys in blue and he or she will register with them for a while so if they do it again, the next call might be more harsh. :canada:

yeah a while back a lady in an explorer tried to run me off the road when i was passing her...after i was finally able to get around the psyco ****** she rode my ass for about 5 miles and when i got to my turn i stopped on the road and due to oncoming traffic she had to sit there while i was calling in her license number :D

Glad to hear you got out alright. Would hate to hear about a wrecked '05 due to some a--hole. I had a ricer in a Civic try to drive me into the jersey wall after I smoked him in my supercharged '89 GT. At the last minute I cut towards him and caught the entire side of his car with my right front tire. Did about $2000 damage to his POS but only a minor scuff to my fender. You just can't tell what some idiot will do. :scratch: