Roll bar and a few other questions

vsicks94stang

Founding Member
Oct 23, 2001
Graham, Ky
Hey all, Ive been searching for a roll bar for my 94 gt. The only one i have found that i really like is the rhodes auto custom, but it looks like they dont ship them just put them in at their shop. Can anyone recommend a good one? I want a 6pt with swing out door bars, and i believe i saw one at one time with a lower rear cross brace to keep the use of the rear seats. Any ideas on which company? Ive been looking at the wolfecraft kit but it looks like the rear bars go through the rear package tray as opposed to through the quarters. Are their any benefits to either location or ease of installation in one or the other?

My other questions is on tubular front suspensions. I am going to be puttinga 351 stroker in and want to swap to a tubular front before i do. What company is the best? Ive been looking at the Anthony Jones engineering and PA racing as they are a bit cheaper than the Max. Motorsports ones. How are the quality of those companies products? Also what spring rate should I go for, the car will be mostly street driven with maybe a track day a month.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the PA racing tubular k member on my car, and my dad runs one on his '91Gt as well. It offers the most header clearance of any K member on the market and their customer service is second to none. I love mine, the only thing I didn't like was the shape of the front a arms as they were a little wider closer to the wheel than the stockers and I have rubbing issues with my custom made bogart wheels. I don't think it'd be an issue with stock type wheels.

As for roll bars, Rhodes doesn't do mail order as you mentioned. I don't know how far you are from this place, but after seeing their work I'd seriously concider them. My buddy Mike's yellow '03 cobra is on their site and it is the nicest looking bar I have ever seen, the welds are picture perfect.
http://www.rigidracecars.com

Wolf makes a great mail order bar as well. Here are some other mail order bar companies:
S&W Racecars
Autoweld Chassis
Wild Rides Race cars
Competition Engineering
Maximum Motorsports
Wolf Racecraft

To be honest I'd fine a chassis shop in your area to have the bar built/installed like you want. If you truly have to go mail order Wolfe is the best mail order kit out there.

As for the front suspension PA Racing all the way, Jason is a great guy to deal with.