roll cage advice

warwickben

May 13, 2007
hey guys me and my best friend are proud owners of a 1984 rs turbo capri, we plan on doing some drag racing and need advice about roll cages. is there any way to have a nhra roll cage in a fox body mustang and are able to keep the back seat. the car is going to be street legal, and we want to be able to take our girl friends for rides ect. the guys at the machine shop who worked on our motor used to have a turbo 2.3 mustang and said with all the mods where doing well need a roll cage to run at the drag track.

• Sponsors (?)

11.50 in the 1/4 in the cutoff but its not enforced very tight at most places. That being said I'm very happy with the cage in mine and think its well worth the time/money.

The best route to take is get the jegster 8pt cage which will allow you to safely/legally run down to 10.0 which takes 520whp.

Now the issue with the backseat is tricky. The two snags you'll hit are the cross bar behind the seats and the rear bars. If you have a hatch you can get bars that are bent so they go straight back, then curve down after the seat. There's not much you can do about the seat brace because its important.

All in all do like I do and take them for a ride one at a time.