Rough Ride

Ok I've read over many threads about suspension. Most of those talk about making the stang firmer. Not what I want at all. I'm willing to take a corner slower in order to get a softer ride. Believe me, I feel every little bump in the road. I can do the work myself, but I really don't have much knowledge when it comes to diagnosing the problem and what parts to buy. About a year ago, I replaced shocks and struts with AGXs(I believe that was the brand). Made zero difference and still rode rough. As far as I know, everything else is stock. Could you guys guide me in the right direction? Also, I'd like to get some subframe connectors. I've heard the bolt-ons create poor ground clearance and there are many brands to choose from. What would you recommend?

87 5.0 Gt
302 ci
5 speed
gt40 heads
xpipe
2 1/2" flowmasters
190 lph

• Sponsors (?)

ummmm, aren't AGXs the adjustable KYBs??? You should try a shock more geared for daily driving, like a monroe sensatrac or KYB gr-2s or something....AGXs are race shocks that are going to have a firmer ride....you can adjust them though if that's what you really have. Also....what size wheel/tire combo do you have? That always makes a big difference.

Sorry took me so long to respond. Lost my internet temporarily. http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3624&prmenbr=361 . I'm using 15 by 8s. Yes those shocks are ajustable. I'd fiddled with it a few times and eventually just left it at its softest setting. Never could tell any difference. I've heard wheel combos could cause a change in ride quality. I don't pretend to know anything in this area, but I'm thinkin something else in this case. because even with the stock wheels and it felt like riding a wagon. As far as I know the suspension is completely stock. What bout control arms, springs, etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I changed out my struts and shocks and like you could tell no difference. I just changed my motor mounts , (new motor)and I wasn`t doing it for the ride , but it sure changed the way mine takes bumps now. I just got advanced auto 26$ a piece, well worth it ,but mine were 17 yrs old

Thanx for the info guys. Motor mounts? Thats something that never occured to me. Might be worth trying when I finish building my 347, cause I'm sure mine are also 17yrs old. Springs is something I could try now though. Something I've never messed with before. Hey Daggar, what exactly would you recommend and where could I buy them? As always, any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.