Roush Stage 1

Anyone else in love with the Roush Stage 1 looks? I love the rear minus the 2 weird ventilation things on either side of the license plate. That spoiler compliments the car SO well as does the new front spoiler. I know the stage one is around 8k and only performance mod is a cat-back which is more for the sound than the 10 or so hp gain. I guess you can either order the kit or buy them from the few Ford dealers that get the Roush's? I really havnt heard too much about them, I know Roush is developing a Stage 2 and 3 with more power. The body kit just looks so cool, and in 1-2 years there is going to be SO many mustangs out there that you will wanna look unique! :D Also its very hard to find reviews/photos of the Stage 1 on the internet other than on a GTO forum where they proceed to bash it to the ground and then a few pictures on eBay. Also Im guessing the dealer covers the car as if it was a new regular mustang GT, with the stage 1 upgrade in it assuming the dealer installs it/sells it to you?

• Sponsors (?)

:nice: Yep, I love it. Bought it (kit and exhaust) for just a touch over $2K. It's now sitting in the bodyshop awaiting my car's repair. You're correct, the Stage 1 is simply a dress-up job. Because of this, you can buy it and add it without worrying about your powertrain warranty! :D

Go to factoryroushparts.com to see their 05 pieces. If you email them, ask for Hugh Trader and let him know I sent ya!

Oh, and if you haven't already done so, go see one in the flesh. Even those 'holes' in the rear bumper don't look so bad. NO picture does the cat justice. It kicks A!

Hey thanks for the reply! So did you have someone other than the dealer put on the body kit/exhaust? I guess that would make sense that if you bought it new with the stage 1 kit from the dealer they would try to gouge and make as much cash as possible (why Ive seen them on a dealers website for 38k MSRP) as opposed to the 2k which you said. I havnt even test driven a Mustang GT yet (no GTs at any dealerships!) so I dont know if I will be content with the normal rumble :D but I know what you mean how seeing cars in real life is different than pictures. In our town we have the largest ford dealer in the state, but they don't sell the Roush stuff. The closest dealer that does, according to Roush's and their website is about 30 minutes away, so we may drive up there to take a look. http://www.brightonford.com/uvims_roush/vehiclelist.aspx?searchtype=make&manu=Ford I see they have 4 of them; but what you are saying is buy a stock Mustang GT and then order the kit (or just the peices you want, Im not paying $400 for a signiture!) and Im still a little confused on who would install it. But thats exactly what I was aiming for in keeping a full warantee. If I were leasing a new GT for 2 years, would the dealer for any reason not let the kit be installed unless I actually bought the car? Again thanks for the help so far, there's VERY little information about the stage 1 on the internet; and I really don't like the hood scoop on the Stage 3 which I got a good look at the Detroit autoshow (but dont remember anymore!). Plus Im in love with a Torch Red with the white stripes :D

BTW can you send me some pics of yours, ext. and int.?

SubaruFlamingo said:
Hey thanks for the reply! So did you have someone other than the dealer put on the body kit/exhaust? I guess that would make sense that if you bought it new with the stage 1 kit from the dealer they would try to gouge and make as much cash as possible (why Ive seen them on a dealers website for 38k MSRP) as opposed to the 2k which you said. I havnt even test driven a Mustang GT yet (no GTs at any dealerships!) so I dont know if I will be content with the normal rumble :D but I know what you mean how seeing cars in real life is different than pictures. In our town we have the largest ford dealer in the state, but they don't sell the Roush stuff. The closest dealer that does, according to Roush's and their website is about 30 minutes away, so we may drive up there to take a look. http://www.brightonford.com/uvims_roush/vehiclelist.aspx?searchtype=make&manu=Ford I see they have 4 of them; but what you are saying is buy a stock Mustang GT and then order the kit (or just the peices you want, Im not paying $400 for a signiture!) and Im still a little confused on who would install it. But thats exactly what I was aiming for in keeping a full warantee. If I were leasing a new GT for 2 years, would the dealer for any reason not let the kit be installed unless I actually bought the car? Again thanks for the help so far, there's VERY little information about the stage 1 on the internet; and I really don't like the hood scoop on the Stage 3 which I got a good look at the Detroit autoshow (but dont remember anymore!). Plus Im in love with a Torch Red with the white stripes :D

BTW can you send me some pics of yours, ext. and int.?

There is s dealer near SA, TX that has about 5 stage I selling for $34.6K

The name of the dealer is Blue bonnet motors . He has more coming in, with that in mind he might be willing to sell for a bit less. He did not indicate to me they were moving them. Might be worth the trip to pick one up. :shrug:

celticstanger said:
:nice: Yep, I love it. Bought it (kit and exhaust) for just a touch over $2K. It's now sitting in the bodyshop awaiting my car's repair. You're correct, the Stage 1 is simply a dress-up job. Because of this, you can buy it and add it without worrying about your powertrain warranty! :D

Go to factoryroushparts.com to see their 05 pieces. If you email them, ask for Hugh Trader and let him know I sent ya!

Oh, and if you haven't already done so, go see one in the flesh. Even those 'holes' in the rear bumper don't look so bad. NO picture does the cat justice. It kicks A!

Are you saying to buy the GT then puchase the Roch or Steeda body kit and have a body shop install it? This would save some $$$$?

Subaru, I'll post pics once I get the car back from the shop.

Just to re-iterate, I bought the kit and exhaust, so I'll have the looks and sounds, but don't have the little bits and pieces like the billet pedals, Jack's signature, Roush badging, replacement leather seat covers.

Most good bodyshops can put the kit on for you - call around. The only thing I'd like to get in addition to what the kit and exhaust are the seat covers. I believe they go for another $1000.

Base GT for around $26,000 + $2100 kit/exhaust + $1000 gets you basically a Roush. Keep the change for a Procharger or Vortech!

celticstanger said:
Subaru, I'll post pics once I get the car back from the shop.

Just to re-iterate, I bought the kit and exhaust, so I'll have the looks and sounds, but don't have the little bits and pieces like the billet pedals, Jack's signature, Roush badging, replacement leather seat covers.

Most good bodyshops can put the kit on for you - call around. The only thing I'd like to get in addition to what the kit and exhaust are the seat covers. I believe they go for another $1000.

Base GT for around $26,000 + $2100 kit/exhaust + $1000 gets you basically a Roush. Keep the change for a Procharger or Vortech!
Please excuse my ignorance but approx $29K will get you the basic GT with the upgrade exhaust, & some Roush body parts. That is not counting the body shop install & paint?
My thoughts are, if I’m going to pony up approx. $30k to $31k after everything is said and done, I might as well buy the real deal for $34k. How does the Rosh hold up as far as depreciation? I admit I have a lot to learn about Mustangs. It was only last week I learned about Rosh & Steeda (I knew about Saleen from watching racing on Speed TV). I have time to learn, I still need to sell my BMW before I pull the trigger on the Pony. I’m just trying to find the precious balance between esthetics, performance & best bang for my buck.

Once I get close to purchase time, I’ll create a new thread on which direction I should go. I’m sure I’ll get a lot of good advice.

Thanks for the info, up until this point I've been considering a WRX STi or Evo (Im a subaru guy if you havn't figured that out by my name :D), but the next few years of my life won't require me to have an AWD car due to maximum winter driveability/safety (I live in Michigan), so I thought I could put off the STi for a few years :D. Anyways, a few more questions:

I really don't need all of the interior bits, the sound and looks is what I was going after; something that looks unique and that sounds like a monster. We just test drove a 2005 GTO yesterday, and it sounded like a monster. Still, I would want side airbags which arent available in the GTO (but I want that GTO rumble and roar!), and also the Mustang is cheaper and we can get some sort of plan on it. If I was doing a 2-year lease of the stang, would the dealer even allow me to have a bodyshop install the Roush body kit/cat back?

In a different scenario, if I bought the car from the dealer, would all of the dealer and factory warantees be unaffected even though a bodyshop would install the kit and cat back?

I'm guessing if you cannot buy/lease with full warantee coverage, the best thing to do is just end up paying the extra $$$ to buy a Roush out of a dealer lot?

Again thanks for your help and I look forward to the pictures.

Alamo dont hijack please! :rolleyes:

Alamo, my GT has IUP - the Roush's don't. Are the base GT's up to $29K already? Mine (with IUP) was only $27K. Add kit/exhaust = $30K painted & installed. If you can get a Stage 1 for $34K (most are marked way higher than this), I'd probably think about it. That said, I understand Roush have released a "Sport" edition, which (from the pics I've seen) doesn't have the Roush badging - not sure what else you don't get. This scaled-down car maybe what's on sale for $34K?

Re warranty, bodykit won't affect drivetrain cover, and I'd be surprised if the exhaust did.

The new 05 sounds pretty nice stock and the Magnaflow exhaust you get for the Roush is supposed to be pretty mean, so I don't think you'll be dissappointed. Before my car went off the road, I'd put Flowmasters on it and it sounded seriously mean.

Hopefully I'll get the car this weekend, so I'll be able to speak with more certainty on how the kit looks and exhaust sounds.

Here's how the car used to look - 8th post down, same screen-name

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=6217&st=780

Nice, so I assume you are keeping your current rims. Looking at Roush's website, the whole stage 1 kit is about $8.5-9k, but Im guessing that includes wheels and a whole load of other interior bits, and all I really want is a mean sounding and looking car (esp after hearing that goat!). I guess I should see how they sound stock to see if thats enough, since the dual exhaust on my stock 05 Legacy GT is very quiet so anything would be a step up in terms of sounds. Now about those roush convertibles... :D

celticstanger said:
Alamo, my GT has IUP - the Roush's don't. Are the base GT's up to $29K already? Mine (with IUP) was only $27K. Add kit/exhaust = $30K painted & installed. If you can get a Stage 1 for $34K (most are marked way higher than this), I'd probably think about it. That said, I understand Roush have released a "Sport" edition, which (from the pics I've seen) doesn't have the Roush badging - not sure what else you don't get. This scaled-down car maybe what's on sale for $34K?

Re warranty, bodykit won't affect drivetrain cover, and I'd be surprised if the exhaust did.

The new 05 sounds pretty nice stock and the Magnaflow exhaust you get for the Roush is supposed to be pretty mean, so I don't think you'll be dissappointed. Before my car went off the road, I'd put Flowmasters on it and it sounded seriously mean.

Hopefully I'll get the car this weekend, so I'll be able to speak with more certainty on how the kit looks and exhaust sounds.

Here's how the car used to look - 8th post down, same screen-name

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=6217&st=780

The base prise is still the same. I was referring to the base pluse the add-ons
The more I think about it the more I'm going towards just a few add-ons like a functional hood scoop w/cold air intake, stripes and maybe a few other parts. I can always add stuff later

SubaruFlamingo said:
Nice, so I assume you are keeping your current rims. Looking at Roush's website, the whole stage 1 kit is about $8.5-9k, but Im guessing that includes wheels and a whole load of other interior bits, and all I really want is a mean sounding and looking car (esp after hearing that goat!). I guess I should see how they sound stock to see if thats enough, since the dual exhaust on my stock 05 Legacy GT is very quiet so anything would be a step up in terms of sounds. Now about those roush convertibles... :D
That's exactly the way I went. Get the look and sound for about $6K less than the full Stage 1 conversion

Alamo - I getcha, I missread your post. Your plan is what I'd have done, if the car hadn't gotten wrecked. I already have the Steeda pulleys, new gears and Diablosport Predator ready for the car once I get it back. Because of the accident, I thought "What the heck? May as well get the kit on whilst the car's in the bodyshop".

I actually expected to see more GT's on the road by now, so I wanted to be a little different, hence the Roush kit/exhaust. Haven't seen many, but have noticed that dealerships now have GT's on the lot, whereas a few weeks back they had none.

Alright, well I guess lemme know when you get your stang back, if you could email me pics that would be great, either on this thread or my email is [email protected] . Thanks for your help thus far, and I guess after seeing yours and hopefully getting more owners opinions, I can go see (and hear!) one in real life and get a better feel for it. I still am not planning to buy until the fall, so hopefully the premiums for the GT will have gone down, esp. right before winter. But for now I just have to keep lookin at stuff all about the GTO, STi, Rouch Stg 1, and GT Convertible! :D

Yep, I have to agree. When I first saw the roush in pics I didn't like the way it looked. But when I saw one in person, I was blown away. I didn't want to pay 35-40k for my car so I decided to have the dealer add on parts that I liked most on a regular Gt. I ordered my car april 17, and they are going to add the roush front fascia, spoiler, and hopefully the roush leather seats. I am still waiting for a call from the dealership on the leather seats.

SubaruFlamingo said:
Anyone else in love with the Roush Stage 1 looks? I love the rear minus the 2 weird ventilation things on either side of the license plate. That spoiler compliments the car SO well as does the new front spoiler. I know the stage one is around 8k and only performance mod is a cat-back which is more for the sound than the 10 or so hp gain. I guess you can either order the kit or buy them from the few Ford dealers that get the Roush's? I really havnt heard too much about them, I know Roush is developing a Stage 2 and 3 with more power. The body kit just looks so cool, and in 1-2 years there is going to be SO many mustangs out there that you will wanna look unique! :D Also its very hard to find reviews/photos of the Stage 1 on the internet other than on a GTO forum where they proceed to bash it to the ground and then a few pictures on eBay. Also Im guessing the dealer covers the car as if it was a new regular mustang GT, with the stage 1 upgrade in it assuming the dealer installs it/sells it to you?

Being a GTO guy (as you know) I think the Roush looks killer. Very aggressive looks. I like GO along with the SHOW so I would think the stage 2 or 3 would be the capper but what will the price be?

Doc GTO said:
Being a GTO guy (as you know) I think the Roush looks killer. Very aggressive looks. I like GO along with the SHOW so I would think the stage 2 or 3 would be the capper but what will the price be?

Those should look sweet, but you're right - the price is likely to be crazy, especially initially as they try to make as much as possible before the GT500 comes along steals their thunder.

My plan is to supercharge, either late this year or early next, once we've seen which blowers are dependable and how aggressive a tune can be, whilst still being safe. 420 hp sounds good to me, and will be enough power to compliment the looks of the Roush bodystyle.

Yeah, they are trying to keep the GT500 under 40 thous I think; the GTO should fall between the mustang GT and GT500 in terms of price and performance which will be nice, more options for the buyer. As sweet as it would be to own a GT500, It still would be more unique to own a Roush tuned GT thats just as fast. BTW, GTO doc, did you compare an 04 goat to a 05 Mustang GT before you bought? Or did you get the goat before the Mustang came out, or were you just not interested in a 'stang? (Just trying to get all sorts of opinions, as some GTO boards seem to be anti-mustang, or Roush atleast)