Rusty Shelbys in Puerto Rico

• Sponsors (?)

$700,000 for a bunch of rust buckets ? I don't think so. It would cost nearly as much to have the whole lot shipped back to the USA. There's a guy down here has a similar cache of Stangs behind his house. Out of about 20 he's got, only two are worth anything.(or were, they're stored in a barn) The rest have trees growing up thru the bodies. One of the barn cars is a 67 FB 390 GT car, the other a 69 FB with a small block. He refuses to sell any of them. "Gonna restore em all one day" :stupid: Been almost ten years since I saw em. Cars down here don't last long in the weather parked under trees. barn cars are prime nesting sites for critters.

"Gonna restore em all one day" :stupid: Been almost ten years since I saw em. Cars down here don't last long in the weather parked under trees. barn cars are prime nesting sites for critters.

Lotta interesting cars go that way. Near here is a house on a few acres, once covered with late 50's early 60's cars with chrome and fins, maybe a hundred in all. Most not even missing a hubcap. Signs all over "Keep Out, Cars NOT for Sale". When he died the family had all the cars crushed to sell the place.

Lotta interesting cars go that way. Near here is a house on a few acres, once covered with late 50's early 60's cars with chrome and fins, maybe a hundred in all. Most not even missing a hubcap. Signs all over "Keep Out, Cars NOT for Sale". When he died the family had all the cars crushed to sell the place.

Probably served em right for crushing them. I'll bet they never realized the extra $$$$ they missed out on. One mans trash is another's treasure.

I think that 700k may not be as bad of a price as you might think for all of them, since it includes the nice ones too. There was a 68 Shelby convertible in there. Its probably worth quite a bit, but there is no telling how much work they actually need.

I don't know why people hoard cars like that and don't use or show them. They just sit there in the dark.

I wish people would do something with the wrecked ones when they show up instead of just leaving them in the field to rust.