S/C and Nitrous Coyote owners out there...

Three50won

10 Year Member
Jul 11, 2010
Just curious as to how much HP/TQ your cars are making with the stock crank, rods, and pistons. I have a subscription to MM&FF and while I am skeptical as to what I read, especially about hp/tq and even more so when coming from a magazine (to me it's entertainment), I gotta admit to my curiosity. Now I am seeing reports that Coyote engines are making over 600 hp at the wheels. And it seems the article writers are purposely ambiguous or remiss to include details on the rotating assembly...or if the trans can withstand that amount of power or even if the rims are an adequate size to hold a tire that can handle that power for that matter. To me a high power engine is useless if it does nothing but spins the tires, blows the trans, and snaps a rod.

So basically I would like to know from owners who have forced induction or nitrous...how much power can the rotating assembly can withstand and how much abuse the trans can take..and if they ARE capable of the 550 to darn near 700 rwhp the mags are claiming, then what kind/size tires are needed to put the power to the ground? If the reports are true then I am extremely impressed. If not true, which is where I'd put my money (no offense intended), then this will not affect my decision to purchase one later in the year nor my plans to mod one...but I'd like to know the word on the street as opposed to what could be simply magazine fanfare. Thanks guys, and no offense meant by any of this.

• Sponsors (?)

Patients seems to be a virtue here at Stangnet. Great question I think would make a great how-to or sticky with the coyote. From stock up to 500+, 600+ and beyond, what steps should be taken to make the '11/'12 coyote capable of handling and as you stated using the power.