Sagging vert.....

cobra10494

Founding Member
May 14, 2000
North Jersey
Is it me or every fox vert I see the rear is dragging behind lol..My 90 vert is lowered on eibach prog rate springs and tokico struts/shocks.I also have bbk gripp upper n lowers and a m.m. rear swaybar. Would like to even out the stance or even give it a slight rake if possible.Is there any inexpensive was to raise it a touch other than put on some m.m. lower adjustables? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

You can always cut a half coil from the bottom of the front springs. Drops it just a little and has no real change in ride quality.
I did this on my 88vert. I have Saleen Racecraft springs installed. After a few years the rear seemed to sag. Cut a half coil from the fronts and this was the result: I like it better now! LOL
2012-03-13_17-11-04_940.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
You can always cut a half coil from the bottom of the front springs. Drops it just a little and has no real change in ride quality.
I did this on my 88vert. I have Saleen Racecraft springs installed. After a few years the rear seemed to sag. Cut a half coil from the fronts and this was the result: I like it better now! LOL
2012-03-13_17-11-04_940.jpg
I like your car.. Great stance. Are they factory cobra wheels? Or repro's

I used these. Mine is not a convertible, but my ride height was pretty much even on all corners, and I wanted the back slightly higher. They make them in several different sizes. I even ordered my driver's side taller because it was the lowest sitting point on the car.

Joe

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gls-1202/overview/make/ford/model/mustang
Joe that would work perfect.I looked at the summit link as they make them in aluminum and poly..What did you use?

Aluminum. They worked out well. Go to global west website to read up on specifics. For instance, a 1/2" spacer may really raise the car 5/8". They have a chart that tells you which ones to buy for height you want. I really wanted coilovers, but $70 vs $300, the spacers won out.

Joe