Same question as Dusst...

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Atlanta, GA
-99 Mustang GT w/ almost 90k
-No problems/leaks
-Engine not messed with except for new plugs and COPS
-Aftermarket Midpipe and Catback (Still have original midpipe tho)

-It has a lot of road rash on the front due to its age however I will be having the whole car wetsanded this spring for about 250 bucks. It will make the paint beautiful

-Aftermarket Deck with Subs with a rear seat delete. I have all of the parts to put the rear seat back in

-MGW Shifter (I think i have the stocker still somewhere)

-Steeda Springs (Still have stockers)

-The passenger door does have ripples in it from a deer plowing into the side of it (Happened after 2 months of me having the car :mad:)
IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

2-1.jpg

lmk what you guys think. Thanks :nice:

-Oh yeah, there are some rust spots in the water chutes in the trunk that i will be taking care of before i would sell it

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Sponsors (?)

Wetsanding is for paint that has been faded due to dirt and other contaminants in the clear coat. Wet sanding brings the clear down a little, and is then polished. You do not need to have this wet sanded

the front begs to differ :(

the front has seen better days:
IMG_1529.jpg

it would need to be wetsanded if i remove the decals, the paint has faded

just assume good condition of paint

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 53
If those chips are through the paint then you need to repaint... not sand. Sanding will remove lots of paint and cause problems in the future. Bottom line: on most new factory clear coat there is never a good reason to wetsand.

You can polish the paint with a rotary or PC buffer and get very dramatic results... especially on red.

Good luck either way,

Matt

You're up northernish, so I'd wait to sell it in the spring, when the demand for sports cars goes up. Nobody wants to buy a mustang at the onset of winter. On the flipside, autumn is a great time to buy :nice: which is why i'm a happy camper right now.