Same question as Dusst...

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Atlanta, GA
-99 Mustang GT w/ almost 90k
-No problems/leaks
-Engine not messed with except for new plugs and COPS
-Aftermarket Midpipe and Catback (Still have original midpipe tho)

-It has a lot of road rash on the front due to its age however I will be having the whole car wetsanded this spring for about 250 bucks. It will make the paint beautiful

-Aftermarket Deck with Subs with a rear seat delete. I have all of the parts to put the rear seat back in

-MGW Shifter (I think i have the stocker still somewhere)

-Steeda Springs (Still have stockers)

-The passenger door does have ripples in it from a deer plowing into the side of it (Happened after 2 months of me having the car :mad:)
IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

2-1.jpg

lmk what you guys think. Thanks :nice:

-Oh yeah, there are some rust spots in the water chutes in the trunk that i will be taking care of before i would sell it

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Sponsors (?)

Wetsanding is for paint that has been faded due to dirt and other contaminants in the clear coat. Wet sanding brings the clear down a little, and is then polished. You do not need to have this wet sanded

the front begs to differ :(

the front has seen better days:
IMG_1529.jpg

it would need to be wetsanded if i remove the decals, the paint has faded

just assume good condition of paint

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 55
If those chips are through the paint then you need to repaint... not sand. Sanding will remove lots of paint and cause problems in the future. Bottom line: on most new factory clear coat there is never a good reason to wetsand.

You can polish the paint with a rotary or PC buffer and get very dramatic results... especially on red.

Good luck either way,

Matt