Saw some red plugs, what does that mean?

jerry beach

Founding Member
May 20, 2002
Ocala,FL
I read the plugs and I have not seen anything like this. They are red, the electodes and the metal prong that is the ground the arc jumps to. They are some bosch platinum+4's, I know they suck. He put a FP in it today and get this. He returned the plugs for a refund. Lifetime guarantee. Got a set of Delco plugs and a new FP and got $2 change! I will read the plugs again soon, he says its running fine now. I hope it stays that way, I dont want to work on it. Damn chevys, I keep giving him crap about what a ***** it is.

• Sponsors (?)

MMT Fouled. No promblems will not effect performance. This is what my book is saying: "I'll plaugerize for ya"

Appereance: Spark plugs fouled by MMT have reddish, rust apperarence on the insulator and side electrodes.

Cause: MMT is an anti-knock additive in gasoline used to replace lead. During the combustion process, the MMT leaves a reddish deposit on the insulator and side electrodes.

Recommendation: No engine malfunction is indicated and the depostis will not effect plug performance any more than ash deposits. MMT fouled plugs can be cleaned, regapped, and reinstalled.

MMT stand for Methycyclopentadienyl Maganese Tricarbonly.

Hope it might help.