Say it ain't so! Stangs going to the CRUSHER!

No I'm not really but I did buy another mustang. :D So I was online browsing like every hour of every day and I came across an ad for a 85 GT T-Top. The real kicker was listed for $500! Wasn't expecting much for that price. From the time he posted the ad 10pm to 11pm I was on my way home with title in hand. I hesitate on buying any car in the dark, but giving the situation I wasn't going to let this pass me buy. Turns out I know his old man down the road from my house and he has 7-9 mustangs littered across his property at any giving time. Anyways after sitting in the same place for 3 yrs untouched I got it trailered home today in the freezing morning with help from my buddy Ed. Body is straight, int needs good cleaning, the 7.5 had already been swapped w/8.8, straight pipes, and little things here and there aftermarket. The only down side is the fuel pump/tank needs to be replaced. The hardwork was already done, he pulled it but never completed it cause his wife got preggo. And it needs a battery. I plan on swapping the cfi to carb. :p $500 not a bad price for a complete 85 GT T-Top.. and yes I do plan on keep the aod until I can afford a PA Perf Super St AOD. My Lx has a t5 with drag springs, so an aod would be nice.

• Sponsors (?)

i would rather buy a beatup dead non rolling mustang, pump new life into her with all the work done myself, and ride it with pride.... vs droping some dough for a nice mustang and not contributing to THE CAUSE! the paint is orig but oxided everywhere. the hood if flaking red over blue, not orig. no rust on the body though :hail2: but i do have to repair the t-top so it doesn't leak. the eng & int harness is hacked to ****. so i'll be spending a good wk doing that like last time. it's stored in the garage for now till drier season... it's snowing tonight.

Congrats! You got a great deal! That just makes ownership more enjoyable. There are some peculiarities with the automatics that year, but they can be made to run pretty well. I agree with your plan to switch to carb though. With your effective raiding of Pull-a-part, you'll get that thing running well for peanuts. Let me know if you end up with a spare gas tank in the process. I need to have one sumped. Well done!

stock50LX said:
Congrats! You got a great deal! That just makes ownership more enjoyable. There are some peculiarities with the automatics that year, but they can be made to run pretty well. I agree with your plan to switch to carb though. With your effective raiding of Pull-a-part, you'll get that thing running well for peanuts. Let me know if you end up with a spare gas tank in the process. I need to have one sumped. Well done!
the tank is already pulled and just needs a pump. i haven't decided if im going to fuel cell yet. if i don't reuse the tank i'll let you know.

there is another 85 gt t-top minus motor and tranny for $550 on CL right now.