Scariest Ride In A Mustang

7upstang91

10 Year Member
May 30, 2008
Florida
Whether you were driving or riding, what is the scariest thing you have done in a mustang?

Here is my three:

When I only had my permit my dad was teaching me to drive manuel. To told me to get on, well about 80mph I shifted from third to what I thought was fourth. Sadly it was second. I had us almost completely sideways.

This summer when it was raining hard out I was taking my girlfriend home(not the one I fought with, if anyone remembers). I told her I have everything under control since the backend tends to slide out alittle. Well ironicly two minutes later we did two spins. I did keep the car in three lanes, lucky all traffic was behind us and I kept the motor alive and drove off.

Lastly, November of 2002, the 03 Cobra had just been released. My uncle bought one and took me through the mountains at about 130 mph and around corners over double the speed limit. Never been so scared in my life.

Let's hear yours!

• Sponsors (?)

a ride in an 03 cobra in the mountians? in florida? :shrug: ummm i guess?i have no "scary" ride stories,i tend to act responcably on the street and in bad weather. m y scariest (and isnt scary) is the sometimes pitching it sideways. peace

john:p

a ride in an 03 cobra in the mountians? in florida? :shrug: ummm i guess?i have no "scary" ride stories,i tend to act responcably on the street and in bad weather. m y scariest (and isnt scary) is the sometimes pitching it sideways. peace

john:p

Well we had a house in the Virginia mountains(vacation home) we were there for thanksgiving. In the rain I was going 35 MPH in 5th gear. The car just started going sideways on me. I had to ride it out.

I wasn't driving the Cobra.

My wifes uncle has a friend named Andy. Andy use to own a 92 coupe with a vortech blown 357. Car put down 625rwhp. Well one day Jason (wifes uncle) tells me to stop by Andy's and check out the car it was almost finished. We rode over, and after looking it all over Andy asked me if I wanted to hear it run. Of course I did so he fired it up, and then asked if I wanted to go for a ride. Well hell yeah I did, so we hoped in, and off we went. As were rolling down this back country road Andy decides to lay into it. I can literally feel the ass end of this car slide from side to side as were rolling past 120mph. I then look around, and think to myself "Im glad this car has an 8pt in it" only to remember there are no seat belts in it since its not "finished". We go out a little farther, and he turns around to head back. He lays into one more time to pass another another car in a blind curve at over 100mph.

Now nothing about that was particularly "scary" other than the car being completely on the edge of staying straight, and no seat belts. My wife, and 3 yr old son were standing in Andys driveway waiting on me to come back. I finally just looked at him, and said "take me back Im done".

I thinks thats the first, and only time Ive ever thought what I was doing in a car wasnt worth it. Maybe because I knew my little boy was just down the road waiting on daddy to come back. Who knows, but I didnt like the feeling I had in that car at that time.

i got mine up on 2 wheels once (the left two). i was being an idiot of course and took it a little too far, came 6" from heading down a hill. i was alone of course, but it still scared the **** out of me.

also, in the rain in my old 01 v6 (lame yes), i was taking a girl home in the rain and as we went around a slight left curving road, i turned, the tires turned, the car did not turn....almost ran the car up a tree, she didnt even complain (crazy i know).

not nearly as scary as 130 through the mountains, but scary enough for me

edit: went 152mph in a lt1 camaro a few months back. scariest part was being trapped in a camaro

This was a sad night for me. I was going around a blind curve at about 60 in a 40 and saw a deer at the last second. My reaction was swerve away from the deer which put my car into an embankment, up a tree, then upside down.

068.jpg

067.jpg

My scariest ride????

My scariest ride was in a 1979 2 door red Ford Fairmont owned and modified by Joe DaSilva back in 1993 and I'll never forget it.

Nice looking car with fresh red paint and weld rims. What you didnt see was what was under the hood. It shares the same platform as the fox body so drivetrains are interchaingable.

I dont remember all that was done to it but I'll list what I do.

326 stoker, he liked those for some reason
TFS High Port Heads
Modified Truck intake (funny looking)
One of the 10 special Crower cams
Pro-m 77mm biggest at the time
Paxton novi 2000
3.55 or 3.73

My job was to sit in the passenger seat and see if the boost gauge went up to 24, which is what he wanted. I just remember not being able to pull my head off the headrest nevermind read the gauge. Scared me to death. Felt like everytime he shifted he was gonna lose control and change lanes.
After terorizing toronto in it, we took it to the track and it ran low 9's @ 150+

Theres a huge difference between high 10's and low 9's. I'll try and find a pic of it and post it.

Posted via Mobile Device

i heard obama was elected president while in my mustang. still makes me shiver.

An ugly chick.

:rlaugh: These both made me crack up

I wouldn't call it scariest, scary is only when I'm riding with a ****ty driver. But most adrenaline rushing ride in a Mustang was a Friend's notch I used to drive on a regular basis. Basically a junkyard car. More gutted than gutted. I mean no dash, nothing. Interior consisted of 2 plastic racing seats and lap belts. Call it stupid, call it immature, but call it damn fun! $15k 331, 106mm turbo, th400, 3.27s, 28x10.50 slicks. Couldn't have weighed more than 2500lbs. Drove it anywhere and everywhere almost every day on the street. It would haze the tires til the top of 3rd @ 140-160 every time. But the tires were a little cold one day after we just pulled onto the highway and she was running strong. I rolled into it slow in 2nd rang it out to about 7300 then clicked into 3rd, the turbo came on hard and the tires were up in smoke faster than you could blink and it was as sideways as it gets at about 130mph. Not sure how it pulled out of it with slicks @ 10psi and no sway bars but it came back around, I laced back into it and off we went into the sunset.

I was about 19 years old and my Dad was driving what is now my brothers 93 vert. We were comin' down Interstate 5 through Kelso, Longview area around 1:00 in the morning when we went over a bridge. It's a three lane freeway and it was just starting to snow, as soon as we hit the bridge we both saw headlights through the windshield. We did a complete 360 at about 60 mph and straightened back out in the next lane without hitting a thing. We did about 25 mph the rest of the way home and my Dad was pale and silent. Scared the crap outta both of us then, but we laugh about it now.

Does it have to be a Mustang?

If not, then I was coming down a mountain pass in the winter in my explorer, was going around 60 mph around a turn, 5 under the speed limit.. and my rear end breaks look and I do a 180 into the center wall, then another 180 into the outside wall. It ended up being totaled, but luckily no one was hurt.

Does it have to be a Mustang?

If not, then I was coming down a mountain pass in the winter in my explorer, was going around 60 mph around a turn, 5 under the speed limit.. and my rear end breaks look and I do a 180 into the center wall, then another 180 into the outside wall. It ended up being totaled, but luckily no one was hurt.

it has to be a mustang. :ban:

:D

i went up to buchanan michigan the other day, and my dumb ass has mickey slicks on in the rain all the way there, im on the way back and i look up and the road looked like glass, i let off the gas (50mph) and start to slow down, car starts gettin stupid on me, and i lost it bigtime, spun around instantly luckily there wasnt anybody behind me, and i came a foot from the ditch. at the same time when i spun i had the brakes slammed down hard, and one of the brass o rings on the caliper on the pass front, decides to give out, so i lost all brake fluid. so driving in the rain with a broke tranny, slicks, and no brakes= lots of cigs being consumed.. and having to **** really bad when i got home.. lol

Top two scariest moments for me. Doing 60mph down a back country road shortly after getting my 79 painted when I was 16, go over a hill and BAM road is covered with at least a dozen deer. Luckily I swerved off the road and shallow ditches saved my paint job. Second scariest, I was 19 and stupid. Wanted to test the top speed out. I didn't know how fast I was going since my SVO speedo stops at 140, blew past the local cop on a long deserted stretch of highway, he knew who I was. Didnt chase me, came to my house knocked on my door, I literally almost pooped myself walking to the door. He simply told me next time jail was waiting for me and not to do it again. After that I decided that maybe its wisest to stick to track only!

Popped over a small hill and there was a Cow in the road, slammed on the Brakes and then a Bull ran off the hillside to protect the Cow from my Mustang, everytime I let the clutch out to try and move he would put his head down toward me, I had about a 5 minute stand off with him. 2nd would have to be a bolt of lightning striking a telephone pole that was right next to me in the pouring rain!

TOP SPEED

In my 87 notch had mild stuff done but i still had the 2.73's. My friend was going nine inch rear so I was waiting to get his 4.10's for free. What alot of people dont know is when they test top speed they always use a gt which has 308's. they say top speed is 140 somewhere around there. I had my car going 5500 rpm in 4th gear. When you calculate the tire diameter by rpm by whatever (I suck at math, my friend did it) 4th is 1to1. Anyway he calculated we were doing 172mph. I'm not sure if hes right but it took me 4 or 5 miles to slow down because I was so scared to even touch the brake..

I used to go to buffalo alot from toronto which is 120 miles. Coming home in the middle of the night with 2.73's doing whatever cuz speedo was burried but I was just over 3000rpm in 5th. From buffalo to toronto floored all the way to Yonge st and steeles ave in 55min