Score price for an '05 Stang

RRRush

Aug 7, 2004
What is everyone getting on deals on the order of an '05, my wife and I are considering an '05 GT but before we start talking to the stealerships a heads up on what to expect would help quite a bit. Are they staying tough at MSRP or are they willing to negotiate? Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

$500 over invoice is what you should be aiming for. Do not go into the dealership to try an order one, do everything via the Internet Manager. You should only visit the dealer in person to place the actual order, after you've agreed on the details.

CrimsonCobra_01 said:
you keep sayin how much over invoice, what is the invoice?
Invoice is the price the Dealer "Pays" FOMOCO for the vehicle.....It does NOT reflect the final compensation to the dealer. Other incentives,etc on volume and special rebates from Ford to dealers may be in order.

Nobody knows invoice yet. And even after MSRP (sticker price) is realeased by Ford, we still won't know what invoice is.

You can shop around (once pricing comes out) and see what people are paying. But, personally, I wouldn't order a car before pricing is out, because if you are working with a shady dealer they can always try to pad the invoice price higher than it really is.

MSRP vs. Invoice

What would be an expected spread between MSRP and invoice- - given the anticipated price range?

If we won't really know invoice, is it possible to think in terms of taking a percentage off of MSRP? Or, stated anothe way, is invoice price a certain percentage of MSRP?

I just went this evening (Aug. 10) and bought an '04 V6 coupe for my daughter to take to college. (Yellow, alloys, GT hood, spoiler, Mach stereo, rocker stripes) Not remembering the older 'stangs, she likes the '04s better than the '05s. I paid well under invoice. The dealer didn't even try to BS me! He knows the '05s are coming. He said that they've already got a waiting list longer than the number of cars they expect to receive! He said that they'll be sold before they arrive and leave immediately, and they're selling for sticker. I'm not sure if I believe all of that, but he admitted that later next summer, once inventory builds up, much better deals can be had. Maybe a little patience would pay off? The finance guy told me that there will be an SVT version out in '06, but he had no details. I think they don't know anymore than we do. They all admitted that it was odd for Ford to be so tight-lipped about details. When I suggested that Ford was just trying to flame the hype, they just grinned.