Sct Eliminator Chip Bama

FWIW, I had a great experience with BAMA tunes for life. They burned me a tune for a 95GT with a 351W conversion and an E-Cam. The car ran so much better with the tune. I'm wondering if I had the odd experience or if 69shocktower is having the odd experience.
I had a poor experience as well, so maybe you got lucky.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

FWIW, I had a great experience with BAMA tunes for life. They burned me a tune for a 95GT with a 351W conversion and an E-Cam. The car ran so much better with the tune. I'm wondering if I had the odd experience or if 69shocktower is having the odd experience.
When I started this thread several people responded saying that their tunes are no good. They called them "off the shelf tunes" and the only way to get a good tune is to plug the chip and car into a dyno so the dyno computer can get raw real time data. Yours is the first good reply about BAMA I've ever seen. Maybe the simpler the build the better the chance their tune will work. I saw a video of a guy with a totally stock Mustang GT he bought it running like crap. He discovered the BAMA chip and removed it and then the car ran great. So who knows.

When I started this thread several people responded saying that their tunes are no good. They called them "off the shelf tunes" and the only way to get a good tune is to plug the chip and car into a dyno so the dyno computer can get raw real time data. Yours is the first good reply about BAMA I've ever seen. Maybe the simpler the build the better the chance their tune will work. I saw a video of a guy with a totally stock Mustang GT he bought it running like crap. He discovered the BAMA chip and removed it and then the car ran great. So who knows.
Its certainly possible that mine was a rare good tune. I'd have two observations to make though: 1) My build was not too simple of a build considering the displacement change. It also had an E-cam on the 94-95 computer, 24lbs injectors, Pro-M 75mm MAF, GT40 heads, 65mm TB, full exhaust, BBK CAI. 2) If BAMA was as crap as most replies on this board I'd think they would be quickly out of business. I'm not discounting the bad experiences here at all. I'm simply saying that they (BAMA) must have some merit to stay in business.

Off the shelf stuff - in any capacity - can be described as 1 size fits all pants. Many people will be able to wear them, but they will only really fit a few of the majority wearing them.

A dyno tune, or data logging, gives the benefit of physically seeing how the engine reacts to the tune and fixing areas that hinder performance from being too aggressive or conservative.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an 89 GT. Trick Flow Street Heat Heads and cam. BBK SSI intake, cold air kit, 75mm throttle body, FR 24 lb injectors, Pro-M MAF sensor. FR higher than stock fuel pump. I thought it possible if they have all the manufacturer stats for these mods why couldn't they calculate a tune that works. Seemed logical to me but they just couldn't do it. I got at least 3 different tunes before I gave up.

I have an 89 GT. Trick Flow Street Heat Heads and cam. BBK SSI intake, cold air kit, 75mm throttle body, FR 24 lb injectors, Pro-M MAF sensor. FR higher than stock fuel pump. I thought it possible if they have all the manufacturer stats for these mods why couldn't they calculate a tune that works. Seemed logical to me but they just couldn't do it. I got at least 3 different tunes before I gave up.
Even though all the parts are generic, you can't assume to know how the engine is going to react to them. You need the feedback given by the data logging.

Reactions: 1 users
When I was looking for a canned tune I emailed bama needless to say I didn't feel comfortable with them. I ended up going with dirtydirtyracing and couldn't have been happier. Car runs smooth and pulls nicely.