SCT or Diablo?

• Sponsors (?)

For S197's, the SCT seems to be a lot more popular. The Predator was popular on the SN95, and I notice a lot of SN95 converts go with Predator because of past experience, but most people I know with S197's use SCT.

The SCT Livewire is a nice piece if you can afford it. I would recommend spending the extra loot. There are some pretty cool features with this unit. Including the ability to program 3 custom tunes onto the unit. I like switching back and forth between my Brenspeed, Bamachips, and VMP tunes. Happy Hunting:flag:

The SCT Livewire has been plagued with a lot of problems thus far. They're slowly being addressed by SCT, but for my money, I'll stick with the XCal2. It has all the same essential tuning features as the Livewire, but not the fancy options....or the headache hardware/software problems.

I've had my livewire for about 8 months now with no problems whatsoever and really havent myself heard of these "problems". That doesnt mean they dont exist. The datalogging and user friendly options for your local speed shop save you money in the future and are pretty cool. The X-cal 2 or predators only load tunes and do virtually nothing else. Don't know but for about 150 - 200 dillies more I would recommend the livewire.

The datalogging and user friendly options for your local speed shop save you money in the future and are pretty cool. The X-cal 2 or predators only load tunes and do virtually nothing else.

Not true. Although I can't speak of the Diablosport tuner, the XCal2 has full datalogging capabilities as well. It must be used in conjunction with a wide band set up like an LC-1/LM-1 (as does the Livewire) and lap top, but it has all the same logging capabilities as the Livewire.

Case in point....
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/resources/Xcal2_tutorial.php

I finished data logging several runs with my own unit not 3-weeks ago and it works just dandy. :nice:

So it seems this is a case of trusted reliability for the unit itself (with regards to the hiccups some of them have been having that I noted above) and/or a case as to whether the user owns a lap top computer in order to access the data logging functions, as to which would be the better unit.

Oh sorry dude, I wasnt aware that the X-cal had datalogging. The livewire also requires a laptop to datalog so it would seem that the X-cal is a better bargain afterall. The only thing that the livewire would have over the other units would be that you can mount it to the windshield and view stats in real time unless the X-cal also does that. It seems that one of the SCT products would be the way to go.