SCT Panel Installed

Silvr04GT

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2002
San Jose, CA
I got my SCT switch panel in the mail yesterday and today I got her installed! Looks awesome!

IMGP1200.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

CanadaStang said:
Ooooo!!!! That's pretty snazzy!!!
I haven't got mine in yet, car's still in hibernation. :(
How did the installation go?

Here's the instructions I got from Scott:
-Pull the knob off the switch
-Put the bottom half of the panel on first with hex nuts facing down.
-Poke the switch body thru the bottom layer so that the white part with the
groove is visable.
-Take the thin layer and "lock the white body of the switch by sliding the
square cutout into the groove on the white body.
-Take the whole assembly and slide in under the coin holder slot
drop the face on and bolt down

It went pretty well except I dropped the one of the little thin parts and it went under my carpet so I ended up taking out my drivers seat to pull back the carpet to find that damn little part! Grrr! :bang:

Silvr04GT said:
Here's the instructions I got from Scott:
-Pull the knob off the switch
-Put the bottom half of the panel on first with hex nuts facing down.
-Poke the switch body thru the bottom layer so that the white part with the
groove is visable.
-Take the thin layer and "lock the white body of the switch by sliding the
square cutout into the groove on the white body.
-Take the whole assembly and slide in under the coin holder slot
drop the face on and bolt down

It went pretty well except I dropped the one of the little thin parts and it went under my carpet so I ended up taking out my drivers seat to pull back the carpet to find that damn little part! Grrr! :bang:

:rlaugh: That sucks when you drop something and can't find it. I still have a a nice shiny 10mm socket from Snap-on hiding somewhere under the hood of my Blazer :(
Hey that's not fair, I never got any instructions with my SCT panel :(
I guess he figured from reading my email that I was rather brilliant and didn't need insructions. :D

CanadaStang said:
:rlaugh: That sucks when you drop something and can't find it. I still have a a nice shiny 10mm socket from Snap-on hiding somewhere under the hood of my Blazer :(
Hey that's not fair, I never got any instructions with my SCT panel :(
I guess he figured from reading my email that I was rather brilliant and didn't need insructions. :D

The instructions didn't come with it! He emailed them to me! Cause I asked! :p

CanadaStang said:
Ya, I kinda figured. Just razzin ya :stick:

I know! So when are you going to get your car back out? Oh and I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I'll probably order that FR500 wheel at some point. We'll have to see how the cash flow goes over the next little bit. But I'll be able to hold on to the stock wheel for ya if you want me to.

Silvr04GT said:
I know! So when are you going to get your car back out? Oh and I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I'll probably order that FR500 wheel at some point. We'll have to see how the cash flow goes over the next little bit. But I'll be able to hold on to the stock wheel for ya if you want me to.

We still have a hugh amount of snow here, I was in Yorkton yesterday[100kms from here] and it's almost all gone there, it seems weird. I'm hoping I'll be able to have the Stang out by the end of April, if we don't get any more snow. Do you have your Stang out yet?
Yeah that would be great if you could hold onto the steering wheel for awhile, I could just get it now b/c it's no big deal, but the g/f thinks it is, so I better hold off for now. I'll wait a few weeks and casually slip it into the conversation and see how it goes over :D Thanks Graham!!