SCT tuner driving me crazy!

Liberto

Feb 17, 2007
Sct problems

BEFORE THE TUNE I did the IAC fix cause of rpm's hanging... (Did the brass cap with a hole in it) When I did the tune it made it worse... Now it hangs more AND... say I'm going 60mph throw it in neutral it will hang at 1500rpm then slowly climb to 2 then immediately shoot down to 1500rpm... And now I'm throwing codes for too lean on bank 1 and bank 2... Another thing i noticed is when im driving and get off the gas the rpm will slowly drop then when it hits 2000rpm it will drop alot faster..... I'm getting overly frustrated please sum1 help...

brand new SCT xcal3 i'm trying to do the 93 octane fuel with the default settings

• Sponsors (?)

Sct problems

BEFORE THE TUNE I did the IAC fix cause of rpm's hanging... (Did the brass cap with a hole in it) When I did the tune it made it worse... Now it hangs more AND... say I'm going 60mph throw it in neutral it will hang at 1500rpm then slowly climb to 2 then immediately shoot down to 1500rpm... And now I'm throwing codes for too lean on bank 1 and bank 2... Another thing i noticed is when im driving and get off the gas the rpm will slowly drop then when it hits 2000rpm it will drop alot faster..... I'm getting overly frustrated please sum1 help...

brand new SCT xcal3 i'm trying to do the 93 octane fuel with the default settings

The preloaded tune that came with my SF3 also caused the RPMs to hang. If I slipped the clutch to move forward at a stop light, the RPM would sit at 1500 for a few seconds even after letting off the gas. Then came the detonation. A reburn of the tune yielded slightly better, but not good (still detonated) results. Just some advice - get a real dyno tune, you'll save yourself a few headaches.

Lol when I threw lean codes I put my "stock" tune back on and went to sleep... I went to start it this morning and it wouldn't idle it would just drop right off until it warmed up, would I be wasting my time if I went home and adjusted the tps and throttle body to make sure they're in the correct place...? ... And I told myself a tuner would be better and less hassle then changing my produmps out for slp loudmouth 1's... So far this is a huge dissapointment

Lol when I threw lean codes I put my "stock" tune back on and went to sleep... I went to start it this morning and it wouldn't idle it would just drop right off until it warmed up, would I be wasting my time if I went home and adjusted the tps and throttle body to make sure they're in the correct place...? ... And I told myself a tuner would be better and less hassle then changing my produmps out for slp loudmouth 1's... So far this is a huge dissapointment

Returning the car to stock should have restored it to exactly how it was before you installed the tune. I couldn't tell you why your car won't idle now unless your IAC simultaneously crapped out. I share your feeling on the tune though - huge $300+ disappointment. :notnice:

I have an SCT xCal 2 with the 87 tune(lol) and it hangs similarily to what you say. I've never really cleaned the IAC but I'm sure its a common issue with the SCT tune.

A friend of mine got a custom tune and had no problems with hanging RPM's.

I just kinda got used to it and don't really care...

yeah AmericanMuscle wrote me a tune with all my stuff i had done to the car... so far it runs great... however i'm still waiting to see if it pulls a code so... i'm keeping my fingers crossed

my idle also hangs between 1500 and 1000 for a second before it goes down especially if the engine is still cold, but after it warms up usually only right when i press the clutch in the rpms will go up maybe 100 from what it was at then it will go to idle. i've really gotten use to it, and doesn't bother me anymore, also seems like the longer you drive the car the better it gets after you just change the tune, give the computer some time to adjust.

What mods do you have done to the car , you had to have done something to upset the MAF transfer function in order for the canned SF3 tune to throw a lean code

WTF! i threw another lean code with the new tune ryan at AM gave me... i put it back to stock and i threw another bank 1 and bank 2 lean code within 10 miles... erased them now with another 10 or 15 miles i'm running a lean code on just bank 2 i'm strating to get even more pissed off and now i'm starting to regret shelling out money for this... heres everything thats done to my car performance wise wheather or not its a bolt on... i gave ryan this list and he tailored the tune to this list...

Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda clutch quadrant
Bbk firewall adjuster
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Spec stage 2.5 clutch
FRPP Aluminum drieshaft
FRPP 3:55 gears rebuilt diff
Bbk Gripp lower control arms
Grantelli double adjustable upper control arms
(Ebay special) Fender cold air intake
MAC 70mm throttle body
MAC underdrive pullies (-alt)
Bbk offroad X-pipe
Single chamber flowmasters dumped
Eibac lowering springs with poly iso's
Greg weld pro stars w/ET streets

ADD: i just found a VERY small opening inbetween where my the front of the MAF and cheapo intake pipe meet (looks like the intake wasnt a flat surface it had a little wave in it) anyway i fixed it and made sure it sealed all the way, and also decided to clean it up since i had it all apart cause there was some stuff in there from sitting for over a year..... anyway, i cleared the codes on my stock tune and took it around town for 20 or some miles and no CEL... after the computer goes through the drive cycle ( 50 miles i think?) i'm gonna throw the custom tune from americanMuscle back on it and see if it throws a lean code

62 miles and it passed the OBD2 Jersey inspection test (aka it was past the drive cycle) i'm gonna throw the tune back on and see how it runs... so far it looks like it just may have been the MAF might be been dirty or the intake charge temp... i'll post up tomorrow and give details