SCT X-Cal 3 Bama 93 Race Tune

SSnakeGT127

15 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
VA
Hey Guys, I'm in bit of a bind with my SCT X3, and I would really appreciate some help or advice to point me in the right direction.

To start off first is that I bought my GT already pre-loaded with a 93 Tune w/ Steeda CAI w/ FRPP 4.10s, but never came with the original tuner for it.

But nevertheless, I later bought an SCT X3 for my GT from AM, in addition with a BamaChips 93 Race tune.

My problem is that my SCT X3 can't read my strategy code, in which it says "Can't read strategy or no strategy code found", and I already had my reflash my car back to stock, but I can't load the 93 Bama Race Tune as it can't recognize my car.

Could it be that I don't have the right firmware on my X3 or it something else? Any advise or inputs would be really helpful and appreciated :)

• Sponsors (?)

I think I had the same problem when I first tried to upload my tune. I was rushing (I was excited :rolleyes:) and didn't exactly follow the steps the tuner gave (when to turn the key on/off etc.) After I got that message, I took the key out, and tried again with success.

I also think that I might have tried the wrong tune.I only got 1 tune with my SCT from AM, but when I tried to upload, I think there was stock, strategy and custom. (I don't remember exactly) I'm pretty sure custom was the one that worked.

Hope that helps

Hey Guys, I'm in bit of a bind with my SCT X3, and I would really appreciate some help or advice to point me in the right direction.

To start off first is that I bought my GT already pre-loaded with a 93 Tune w/ Steeda CAI w/ FRPP 4.10s, but never came with the original tuner for it.

But nevertheless, I later bought an SCT X3 for my GT from AM, in addition with a BamaChips 93 Race tune.

My problem is that my SCT X3 can't read my strategy code, in which it says "Can't read strategy or no strategy code found", and I already had my reflash my car back to stock, but I can't load the 93 Bama Race Tune as it can't recognize my car.

Could it be that I don't have the right firmware on my X3 or it something else? Any advise or inputs would be really helpful and appreciated :)

Let me understand this... right now you bought your car already tuned? But they didnt give you the tuner?!!

Yes I bought my GT in March 08' (1 owner) but at that time I wasn't exactly knowledgable about the 05+ CAI/ Tuners and didn't really speculate about it when I bought it.:doh:

The thing that puzzles me is that even when my CAI/tune was in the car,(before I even reflash it) my SCT still couldn't read the strategy to me before hand.

And when I try to upload the Bama 93 Race tune, it will start the first step of downloading the stock tune. but afterwards when it tells me to turn the key on. It just stops or timeout for a long period of time and it just gets very frustrating :(

I appreciate the advice guys, but do you think the issue lines more toward my car or the tuner itself?

well I know that you have a tuner for sale (which Im very interested in BTW) :) but not if the tuner is having issues. Have you figured out what the problem is yet? Usually on these tuners, it doesnt make sense for someone to sell you the car with a tune UNLESS the tuner comes as part of the deal. The tuner is essentially married to the car unless its reverted back to stock. Then it cna be sold or whatever.