Selling the project...need some advice or opinions

9lb302

Dec 29, 2003
I have a 94 Mustang GT Convertible - Yellow.

I've owned it for over 6 years, and it now has 56k miles - original (purchased it with 39k miles on it.)

2 years ago, I installed a Powerdyne blower, drove it maybe 300 miles, and decided I needed more, and started buying parts. It began as a replacing of the harmonic balancer, and before I knew it, I was ready to pull the motor.
I did...spent 5+k on a rebuild to handle some boost (it didn't even need it as it was in good shape), and it still sits in the garage, motor on the stand, parts everywhere - waiting for it to be put back together...I'm over my head and I don't know when I'll ever have time to do anything about it.

I have at minimum 40k in this car..it is mint in every way...repainted, new motor, new trans..you name it.

What kind of market is there for someone to purchase something like this?

• Sponsors (?)

You best bet is to part it out. You will find very few people that would be willing to spend anything over say $15K on a 94-95 stang, and it would be even harder to find a bank that'd lend you that type of money for such an "old" car.

What does the shortblock consist of?

Motor rebuild was complete top to bottom, using stock block and crank, new H beams, crank balanced, Wiseco reverse dish piston, Comp Cam for boost, roller rockers, stock E-7's ported and dished, and cobra intake. Most will discount the use of the stock heads, but with 12 pounds of boost, this motor will make some power..

What would this be worth as-is? I know it isn't 15k...10k? 12k?