Seriously Need Help With Heads

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
i think i have the ticking heads, thats not really the prob. i just want to get rid of them for some aftermarket heads. i know there is not to many set ups, but what heads are out for the 4.6 02 gt? i thought frpp had heads, but whats the deal with the intake does it have to match? will any other intakes fit with the frpp heads? ( cl dragon etc.)

• Sponsors (?)

can any of you guys that really know these engines give me some info, please? i trying to do some reserch, and im pretty sure that if a 99 and up gt goes with the frpp heads then they will only fit with the frpp intake. i saw this in a steeda catalog. so that is way too expensive. have any of you heard of patriot performance heads?? i was looking at these but i don't know too much about this company. can any of you find out any info. these heads supposed to be direct bolt in for our cars, they are pi heads but ported and polished and i think they have some other things done to them(don't know too much about heads) what do you guys think they are about 1200 bucks for the set, i just don't know if they would be worth it.

ADRENLN said:
i think i have the ticking heads, thats not really the prob. i just want to get rid of them for some aftermarket heads. i know there is not to many set ups, but what heads are out for the 4.6 02 gt? i thought frpp had heads, but whats the deal with the intake does it have to match? will any other intakes fit with the frpp heads? ( cl dragon etc.)

The SVO heads are for the 96-98 and work with either the stock 96-98 intake or the SVO intake which is essentially a Bullitt intake for non-PI heads. I am not aware of any aftermarket heads for the 4.6L other than ported PI heads. If you use SVO heads on a 99+ engine you will lose compression. I keep waiting, but other than Ford there doesn't seem to be any source for heads... :shrug:

thanks for the replies guys, on a search i did they are claiming that the patriot heads will put a stock 99 up gt at around 300 hp, i asume flywheel. anyway i don't know anything about them. ronnie i will be calling you for some hepl, i was going to call you for the cl upper, and accufab throttle body anyway!