Settled with my insurance....

ADRENLN said:
how does the ins. work with a heavily modded car? i wonder this as i have expensive mods and will be getting a blower as well. did you get screwed on all the money spent on mods? i assume so.

just wondering if you were able to work somthing out. ive been thinking of picking up some extra ins. just for mods.
I put probably 22k into the car, and I got 18k back. But that involved a lot of discussions with Geico. The guy DID say that this is a special case that the company has no provisions for. If you have a lot of mods, I would recommend calling around and getting a stated value policy. If you tell them the car is worth 25k, then when it's totalled, you get a 25k check. At least that's how it's SUPPOSED to work. Also, I was looking into Hagerty insurance (hagerty.com) and they have value stated policies. But you have to register your car as an exotic (which is ok).

And yes, like before, I'm taking my camera and laptop with me when I go to pick the vette up. ;)

• Sponsors (?)

Spreadman said:
Yup, everything is like it was. But since salvage is going to be over 6k, it's not worth buying it back to sell everything from it. The insurance adjuster wanted me to buy it back but I told him I can't lift anything so they would have to pay to have everything swapped over. Which they wouldn't do.

glad to hear you're ok :nice:

any idea where the GT is heading :shrug: maybe i can get the motor :D

:eek: :jaw: Glad you're o.k. :nice:

corvette-penis-small.jpg

Sorry, but I too couldn't resist. :D :rlaugh: :lol:

streetstang03 said:
glad to hear you're ok :nice:

any idea where the GT is heading :shrug: maybe i can get the motor :D
The GT is at Auto Insurance Auctions in Houston, TX. You'll need to talk to the Geico office and ask for Bill Joiner. He's my adjuster. I'll try to find his number.