Shaker A or B

OUKimber

Apr 5, 2005
Ok, I searched but I think that the thread got deleted with the crash. What is the process that you use to see if your Shaker is a A series or B?

Also, my car was built in Jan. and I cant remember when the B series head units began to be installed at factory and when they started to install the new fuel tank.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Turn ingintion on, turn your radio on to AM/FM. Then hold down/press in the #3 & #6 keys at the same time and hold until the dial shows it's in it's self test and release the keys. At the end there will be a series of numbers and a letter. If the letter is "A" you have the "A" series. If it's "B" you have the "B" series...

mine is a "G" also. (goes in saturday for the new one) if the self test fails it failed. something is not right.take it in and get the new one. if you have gotten the new one and it was not programed or incorrectly progamed you need to get it checked. they need programming if they are replaced.

The easiest way to tell is to insert a compact disk into the appropriate slot in the unit. Play the disk for a minute or two. If the disk starts fastforwarding, skipping, or ejecting giving you a "bad disk" message, it's safe to say you have an "A" unit. :(

shaker sux

I burned a mp3 disk today and about 1 out of 3 songs skip.
I ran the test and I have a letter J, the weird thing is that CD's have been fine. I assume that the dealer will either replace or re-program