Shaker Audio System

mustang2006

Oct 15, 2004
Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing a 2005 Mustang GT. Does anyone have opinions on the shaker audio systems? Is this the first time they have been offered? Is it worth the money for the 500 or 1000?

• Sponsors (?)

I have only heard the 500 and it really really impressed me. In fact, I have heard and installed many different audio systems, and Ford continually impresses me with the quality of their systems; they are very well balanced, the highs are not drowned by the bass, and sound reproduction is bright without being too harsh. I would not hesitate to spend money on either one of these systems. It all depends on your needs, for most people the 500 will be more than enough....but for people like me, the 1000 is the only way to go!

The funtionality of the shaker 1000 looks to be much improved over the mach 1000. I like the sound of the old mach 1000 but it had a huge amp rack in the trunk that took up too much space. The shaker just has the speakers that take up space I believe. If it sounds as nice as the mach 1000 did then it should be worth the upgrade.

What's the first song you're going to play?

So you buy your new mustang...you're on the freeway doing 75...You decide to drop in the first cd. What song are you going to play?

I'm thinking "Rearviewmirror" by Pearl Jam...

SO how does the Mach 460 compare to the SHaker 500??

I'm actually a fan of the later Mach setups (01+ 6-disk). Is the Shaker 500 basically the same thing with a few tweaks? Or is it a completely new setup??