Shaker hoods 1970

mymach

Sep 14, 2006
Easthampton
I'm looking for a shaker hood for my 1970 Mach 1. Looks like I just bought one on e-bay and instantly thought it was a shaker since the hole was open. All I asked the guy was if it was an original factory cut.As I'm thinking about it now, my present fake scoop has a square hole in it too.

Can a fake scoop hood be cut to accomodate a shaker set up? I hope so. I didn't want to cut my original hood anyways.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

mymach said:
I'm looking for a shaker hood for my 1970 Mach 1. Looks like I just bought one on e-bay and instantly thought it was a shaker since the hole was open. All I asked the guy was if it was an original factory cut.As I'm thinking about it now, my present fake scoop has a square hole in it too.

Can a fake scoop hood be cut to accomodate a shaker set up? I hope so. I didn't want to cut my original hood anyways.

Thanks!

point me to the ebay item you bought. As long as the hole is smaller than the shaker hole you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for the reply! Found out that it is indeed a shaker hood. While we're on this topic, could I trouble you for one more question? If I place an edelbrach performer manifold (4bbl on 2V), I know it will require a spacer. Will this configuatation coupled with an autolite 4100 fit the shaker & hood? or who can I ask if not sure THX!

From what I have read, the Edelbrock Performer, not the Air Gap, is the same height as the stock manifold. From my experience on my '73, I am able to use it with the factory ram air without any fitment issues.