Shelby Twist Hood Pins?

• Sponsors (?)

I looked back through previous posts. I found this, but this link doesn't work. "Yes, Cervini's makes the twist type hood pins. Click here to see them at their website. $149.95."
I found this on the site. I don't know how to post links.
I would love to know if anyone has tried this.

05-09 Vintage Hood Locks Application 1 , Part#7100, Price:$149.95,
Material: Chrome Finish

Add to Cart

Application 1 Vintage Hood Locks will ONLY fit 05-09 OEM hoods. Includes all mounting hardware, brackets & templates.

I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I have a set of these hood pins if anyone's interested.

You have to modify the mounting bracket, and it's more effort than it's worth to me.

They're an absolutely gorgeous setup, that's for sure.

DSC04281.jpg

DSC04284.jpg

They were pretty expensive new, but I'll take 100 plus shipping for them if anyone's interested. :)

Later,
Alan

I haven't been able to find any of the twist lock pins that don't require modifying the base.

If you've got the right people doing the work, it should be pretty easy to make work.

There's a guy floating around who's got these on his yellow S197 with what I think was a TruFiber Shelby KR hood.

They look absolutely bad ass.

Those are cool but from the looks of it, I bet I can't mount them where my existing Shelby ones are. Would mean having to get a new hood or expensive filling of holes.

Hmmm....new hood......HMMM...

yea cervinis sells the twist style hood pins..my opinion is keep the top of the hood clean and smooth on top...there are hiddin hood pins that bolt to the bottom of the hood and connect the the factory hood latch cable if ur interest let me know and ill look up the companies name they sell for bout 180 or 190...

yea cervinis sells the twist style hood pins..my opinion is keep the top of the hood clean and smooth on top...there are hiddin hood pins that bolt to the bottom of the hood and connect the the factory hood latch cable if ur interest let me know and ill look up the companies name they sell for bout 180 or 190...

They use double sided tape, if I recall. If they were bolted the bolts would go through the hood anyway...
Dan

They use double sided tape, if I recall. If they were bolted the bolts would go through the hood anyway...
Dan

The stealth hood pins are from Western Motorsports and use double sided tape to establish alignment with the lower receiver. Then they are attached with 4 sheet metal screws per side that only penetrate the inner hood skin and therefore do not show through the top skin. Note that the primary latch is still the factory latch and these stealth pins are only meant as supplemental stabilization. If the factory latch let's go at speed, I don't think those eight screws are going to hold the hood down. I recently installed the Scott Drake billet pins that pierce the hood and trust those to actually hold the hood down at speed if necessary.