Shift override?

VEE EIGHT

Apr 27, 2009
Texas
Can anyone help me find the location of the shift override switch for the 4R70W (if we even have one)? I know that virtually 99% of auto-equipped cars have one.......so where is mine?

I had a problem with my tranny tonight. The brake sensor wire came loose (sensor that enables the tranny to be put into gear) and prior to discovering the problem, I spent a crap-load of time trying to find my shift-override button but could not find it. I've since fixed the problem, but now Im wondering where the SO switch is :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

There is no shift override switch on any mustang yet. There’s an overdrive button to engage fourth gear but that’s it. The only thing you could do is put it down to first to start, hammer the gas, shift up to second then D for third. A few people on here including myself have shift kits like the B&M Hammer shifter. One thing you should get is a transmission cooler and if you want your shift points better go pick up an SCT Xcal III.

I think he's talking about the shift interlock. I don't think there is an override button but the console trim around the shifter does pull of really easy and I'd bet the lock mechanism could be accessed from there.

Yes. What Im referring to is a switch that enables the transmission to be shifted from Park into Nuetral without a key (or electrical power). I thought that it MIGHT be under the console trim, but could not get the damn console out of the way with the shifter stuck in Park.

2002 Model Refer to Owner's Guide 2nd printing page 142. The 2010 year model has actual over ride button located under trim trim piece just to the right of the shifter, page 208 of the 2010 Owner's guide 1st printing. I hope this helps.