Shifter

Rad Ray

Jul 17, 2003
Could those viewers with an after market shifter (e.g., Pro 5.0, etc.) share their experiences? I'd like to change from the stock shifter (03 Cobra) and have heard varying opinions. What's your's? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

TRI-AX owns joo. :D

j/k, but........
With the Tremec, it's still gonna be notchy, no matter what you try..........:shrug:
Hell, it's based on a racing spec transmission that was popular several years back, but it seems like some folks (not you, but some folks) still expect them to shift like a Mk VIII with an automatic. :bang:

I'll say this though............ the spring-loaded Steeda makes the 2-3 shift hard for a one-armed chimpanzee to screw up now. And, if it's any indication, my stock shifter is sitting in a box in the corner of my garage ...... where it'll be staying.
:nice:

shifters

I went Pro 5.0 and its great. No more noise than stock. I prefer the shirt handle for racing. (The one that comes with it) but it is very short and does mAke you reach. For street driving the MGW? i think....Adjustable Handle is very nice...

I also sat in someones car at the track who had the steeda tri ax handle on the pro 5.0 and that was nice...it was bent back so I didnt have to reach much.

For racing the shortest handle is best IMOP even if you have to reach.. It shifts the quickest. I drove around with my console apart trying all the handles.

I had the steeda Tria ax on my 01 GT and had no complaints.. It was noisier....not sure if that was because of the different tranny/car or if it was the shifter...

I dont think you can really go wrong.....its the handle you will have to decide on and thats really personal preference. :banana: