Shock Suggestions

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
Howdy Ya'll, So I've been driving the stang around and except for a few very annoying things I mentioned in my last classic talk post I'm fairly pleased with it. After driving around on the rough Lubbock streets I am thinking that it might be time to invest in a new set of shocks though at least for the front anyway.

The set I have right now are the magna shocks from Mustangs Plus. My front springs are 620lbs. Is there a better set I should look at getting. Over most bumps my magnas are okay but on the really rough pavement the front end feels like it's bouncing.

• Sponsors (?)

you might check out the kyb GR-2's they are a little softer than most of the other high performance shocks, thus allowing the wheels to follow the road a little better. i know what you mean about the streets here i have the same problem with my 93 cherokee, sometimes i think it's going to kill me the ride is so rough and the shocks that are on there now have less than 25,000 miles on them. all of the construction going on all over town right now doesn't help either. :notnice:

in my opinion koni's, bilstein's, and kyb's seem to work the best, but th magna shocks are good also. the problem though isnt with the shocks, its the springs. they are too stiff for the street, especially on rough roads.