shorty/mid length headers that make power...?

just some guy

Founding Member
Sep 23, 2002
FL
I am going to be taking off my longtubes soon because I need to swap out my clutch, and I dont really want to keep the longtubes on it anymore because without a tune it runs like crap.

So which shorty/midlengths made power and didnt crack(jba)?

Thanks
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

From reports in now the issue with JBA's seem to be over. But most will tell you the shorty's don't make any noticable power over the factory manifolds. Personally I'm getting ready to put a set of FRPP shorties on my car. For the following reasons. 1. still be able to get tranny in and out. 2. IF I ever need to echeck I can put my factory Hpipe back in. 3. can't hurt perfromance 4. I got a great deal on mine. 5. No additional under car clearance issues

mike will be selling his hookers soon, you can drop the tranny with those...and any headers you use, the car still will run like crap. I have my superchip at home still if you can get someone to burn it for you i will give it to you matt

i've had JBA shorties for 3 years now and no problems with cracking. the problem was supposedly solved right before i bought mine. they do make power on FI cars. N/A cars will see a minimal gain. if the Bassanis really make 15rwhp N/A, go for them.

Just avoid the Ford Racing crap. No better than stock really. For what its worthy BBKs made about as much difference to my SOTP as my catted mid pipe did (not that much). It seemed to improve the top end.