Should a T/B feel this good?!

5ohhh

Mar 31, 2005
Loveville, MD
Welp I have one more mod to add to my sig and its a 70MM BBK Throttle Body. Yesterday I took my car out and wow....this thing pulls up top and I am very impressed. I have had some people tell me that with my stock Throttle Body I wouldent feel a difference from my Stock Intake to My GT-40. So maybe the Intake is starting to do its job or something but i was really impressed with how my car pulled up top yesterday. Anyone think this is normal or is it in my head? The car went 4-0 in some street racing yesterday so i might have to post some kill stories later. I busted up a 3000 GT that my buddy has which is a quick ass car up top. Shot down 2 14 second GT Probes one which was supercharged and then to top it all of shot down a 95 Cobra with Full Exhaust a short throw and 3:73's. The last one made me extremly happy and the 2 Guys in the cobra gave me the thumbs up so life was good. Anyways.....any feedback on the vibe i got from the throttle body would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Grn92LX said:
Thats impossible. A tb that big should only be used on a supercharged john force funny car. Anything else and it'll lose power everywhere since its "so huge" :rlaugh:

OK Smart Ass common sense tells you that if the Throttle Body and Mass Air Housing are the same size then they will obviously work better together. Right now Im running stock mass air because I refuse to buy a C&L and god knows when Granatelli will ever make one. Whats the point in having a Huge ass throttle body when there is a smaller mass air housing infront of it restricting the air in the first place??? Numbers will tell the story this weekend when I go to the track.....so far my seat of the pants meter has been dead on with every mod I have had so when I go 13.6's and break Triple Digits in the MPH ill say told you so

Ok duesh bag, apparently you were born w/o a sense of humor. I was KIDDING. Most of the guys on here know me as the one who recommends bigger tb's.

And reading your response you contradicted yourself LOL..

Whats the point in having a Huge ass throttle body when there is a smaller mass air housing infront of it restricting the air in the first place???

5ohhh said:
OK Smart Ass common sense tells you that if the Throttle Body and Mass Air Housing are the same size then they will obviously work better together. Right now Im running stock mass air because I refuse to buy a C&L and god knows when Granatelli will ever make one. Whats the point in having a Huge ass throttle body when there is a smaller mass air housing infront of it restricting the air in the first place??? Numbers will tell the story this weekend when I go to the track.....so far my seat of the pants meter has been dead on with every mod I have had so when I go 13.6's and break Triple Digits in the MPH ill say told you so

I think he was being sarcastic. Throttle body's are the butt of a bunch of jokes on stangnet. Some guys swear that a 65mm TB can handle up to 600hp. :shrug: whatever, i like my 70mm

Ya know, people (not just stangnetters) said I was crazy when I thought putting the FMS 65mm TB was a big difference. But I thought the driveability, pedal feel, and THROTTLE RESPONSE improved quite a bit with the new unit. It wasn't a SOTP thing like pullies or the O/R pipe, it just seemed like everything worked better.