Paint and Body Should I Sell It Or Fix It?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I was involved in an accident and more importantly the engine cranks. I believe the fuel shut off was engaged and serpentine belt broke. I was able to remove radiator and fan shroud. The upper radiator support is bent and the upper fender rail (Ps is bent). What I'm worried about is the rails that the bumper support mount onto are bent upwards. How much am I possibly looking at for repair. Or should I sell the car as is.

• Sponsors (?)

I was driving with mr ambien and launched my car like the dukes of hazard into a wash. Mine looked like yours and it was 8000. Insurance picked it up and replaced a lot of oem, with better stuff. I landed flat so it was pretty much all cosmetic, except the condenser and radiator.

Looks to me like a total loss. The frontal damage was severe enough to affect the inner fenders, door posts, and crack the windshield, so there's a fair chance the firewall has also been disrupted.
My advice would be to part the car out.

I have done a lot of estimates for body repair. That one looks like it is totalled from what I can see.

I could be wrong. My dad had a truck come in that was involved in a rollover. There was not a straight panel on the truck, and every window was busted. I was speechless when the insurance company chose to have the truck repaired.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the market value of the car vs the damage costs.

If that were my car, and if the car's tub and roof are straight, I would pull everything from the firewall forward. From that point I would begin building a tube chassis.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk