Should I tub the Beast?

Rear suspension are new mono leaf springs and rancho 9000's. They are desighned for drag racing. I think I am overpowering my set up. The next step would be tubs. I am running basicly a dot slick. I have tried different tire pressures from 15psi to 7psi. I guess I could try to footbreak the car?

• Sponsors (?)

Are you trying to go for the Pro-Street look or just trying to get more traction?
Your problem sounds like you need to work on your suspension tuning, but it could also be a problem with your engine/tranny combo. The more power you make, the more everything needs to be tuned together. Test & Tune.

Muddslide are you going to be at the track wed(9th) or friday(1th)? I might be up there at Bithlo friday with some friends and possibly will run my car, i would like to see the beast and meet you and of course see what that puppy runs!!

I will be at the track on Sat for the points night. Yes I have the rear shocks set at 9, te softest rating. I like the pro street look but not the price of the tires,lol. Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate the help on this. I know with my combo I'm over powering the track, thats why I think I should go pro-street or tube chassis. I just refuse to make this car a trailor queen, like my 69 camaro.

Using Rancho's in the rear you should start out in the middle of the range as far as settings go. If the shocks are too stiff they will not allow the rear suspension to work correctly to plant the tire. I have KYB's in the rear of mine and they are terrible for drag racing because they are WAY too stiff.

You also want the passenger side shock to be a little stiffer than the driver side to help with the car's natural torque rotation to that side.
I would start out at 3 driver side/4 passenger. Or 4 driver/5 passenger. Then tune from there if needed.

Thats my point, there is something wrong. Also with Nitrous you can launch with lower settings and increase nos with a roots blower, its launching full boost. Thats the problem with roots blowers, they don't come in easy, they hit hard.

The pics on that page show a Nova wheels up on 8.5 tires. I think part of it is the PG trans. He is hitting the tire hard to loft the front end. I think you are missing something on the set up. What size are your tires?